Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: gear direct from japan

gear direct from japan

has anyone done this . if reels etc made in japan then exported to singapore usa etc are much cheaper for us to buy from then aussi shops what about direct from japan hello

Re: gear direct from japan

Hey mate,

There are an abundant of sites where you can buy direct from Japan? I buy all my reels directly from Japan, lures are very cheap too. However, when buying lures it really only works out cheaper if you are buying a number of them because of postage.

Ben

ty ben i,m after a stella game reel and i havent found a site yet cheers

Check your PM's

pm sent wayneoro

Hi Wayneoro,

You are right about buying tackle from overseas,its definately cheaper.
    I have looked at a few japanese tackle websites but was unable to find what I wanted.
    Just recently, I bought 2 shimano stradic 5000s ( old type ) for $245 AUD delivered. Thats quite a saving when compared to local prices.
    Have a look on ebay if you cant find what your after in Japan. My reels came from ebay (USA).

Cheers steve99

Can I get PM sent to me regarding those sites too please..
    Humility is not a weather condition.

I'd love one aswell if possible. cheers

Me too please!

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by wayneoro View Post
    has anyone done this . if reels etc made in japan then exported to singapore usa etc are much cheaper for us to buy from then aussi shops what about direct from japan hello
    www.japantackle.com is very good ..... there is cheaper but I trust JT

Nagg

99.9999% of my lures come from Japan/USA. Not only does it work out cheaper with todays exchange rates, but you can get stuff that you simpy wont see on the Aussie shelves. Another bonus to buying from Japan, is the quality of lures is far superior to any made in Aus. I know I may get flamed for saying that, but its the truth.

My favourites folder for online fishing stores has 29 stores (only 2 of which are Ebay stores)...there is no shortage of browsing available, just the time to do it unfortunately.

There are quite a few sites available for ordering tackle online from Japan.
    I have ordered lures, reel and line in the past and it has all arrived pronto and in excellent condition. The two sites I use mostly are ICHIBAN and JAPAN TACKLE.
    Most of the stuff I've ordered has been through Japan Tackle although Ichiban seems to have a better range.
    I heard of a system recently where you can get a delivery address in the USA opened up (by a transport & shipping company called ARAMEX). Then you can access USA suppliers and get your stuff sent to your US address at domestic rates that apply within the USA (often free for orders over a certain amount). Then Aramex will have your order shipped with it's regular consignment to Oz and charge you standard 'discounted' members shipping rates. Apparently it works out heaps cheaper that what international postage rates would be from the USA.

Anyway, food for thought...and in the meantime enjoy surfing all those Japanese tackle sites.
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

funny how everyone blasts places like BCF etc for taking over the little guys, yet people go overseas and buy from japs etc...

support ya locals i say

Quote Originally Posted by mad max View Post
    funny how everyone blasts places like BCF etc for taking over the little guys, yet people go overseas and buy from japs etc...

support ya locals i say
    You are quite correct mad max!!!! .... But do you ignore savings of $100s of dollars on a reel or rod ?
    I just bought a new baitcast reel & saved $250 on the best local price
    Nagg
    Last edited by NAGG; 24-01-2008 at 08:28 PM.