Thread: 'Nice' place to wet a line in the Pine?

'Nice' place to wet a line in the Pine?

Hi All,
    Told my Father that we'd (my son and I) take him fishing this weekend.
    He lives up in Arana Hills/Albany creek area, so I thought we'd go up his side of town to the Pine. It'll be landbased, and I've only ever fished off the old bridge.
    Just looking for a nice spot to sit, chill, have a light beer or two. Anything that produces fish would just be a bonus.
    Any ideas?

Cheers!

Re: 'Nice' place to wet a line in the Pine?

deep water bend is a nice shady spot to have a few and a fish might get lucky and get a feed of bream , flathead or even a cod , good luck .

Deepwater Bend is the place to go by the sounds of it. Good fish can be had there as long as you fish the bank and not the channel. Unweighted baits cast about 6 feet off the bank and upcurrent as far as you can. Take the slack up without dragging the bait and you will get a few to take home.

Jack.

Under the highway bridge is OK. You will usually have it to yourself aswell. The only problem is its a bit of effort to get there. If your old man's a bit steady it might be a bit hard.

Good luck

Just had a quick look online. Deep Water Bend looks like a great place to sit and fish, although I'd imagine that it could/would get fairly busy?

Cheers, and thanks for the suggestion!!