Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass Electrics here i come..

Bass Electrics here i come..

I sold my 390 Hornet a few months back as I had offer made to me which was too good to let go so i let it go & decided to build alittle Bass Electric boat. I looked around for about month or so but just realised that alot people want alot of money for old boats on poor trailers & for extra couple hundred it wasn't worth risking it so I ended up getting a new rig all round.

I brought a Allycraft 3.50 Taipan as the base hull to built on as i liked the style of the boat & it was laided out right from the factory.

I got the framework welded in for the floor & also at the the time a 100L Livewell. I spend a few hours a nights every second night plumbing the Livewell with Flow-Rite system, fitting up the nav lights for Night Bass Electric comps, wiring up the pumps, lights & Lowrance X510C colour sounder. Finally my brother came down on the weekend & helped me cut, carpet & fit the floor. It is powered by a Digital freshwater 54lb Motorguide on the transom & 55lb Autopilot Minn Kota Riptide on the bow. Still got a couple small things to do like adding a Lean ploe on the front deck & putting carpet on the rear part of the seat but it it fishable so i can do them alittle per week as i see fit!

Hope you enjoy the pics..
    Last edited by TheSaint; 20-01-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Re: Bass Electrics here i come..

sounds like a sweet rig mate,

just out of interest how much did it all set u back,
    the tinny, trailer, motors, carpet, well etc.
    PM if you like,

cheers

Ben
    Cheers,

Ben

Heres more pictures of the boat..
    Last edited by TheSaint; 20-01-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: adding pictures

even more pictures..

Awesome set up mate!
    How are you powering it all?
    What is the set up for that?

Running a pair of 12v 140amp deepcycle batteries on each electric motor & 70amp 12v battery for the electrics e.g pumps, sounder & lights

nice rig Simon. I'm keen to do something like this myself.
    Cheers Roo.

Good stuff!

Looks great to me!

Carpet looks awesome in it!

Cant wait till i do something like that as well... Just gotta find the cash!

cheers barra

That things gunna be a tonne of fun.

Sweet ride there mate- that should be a pleasure to fish out of.

You did a neat job- much better than what you could get through a factory.

Matt

something i just thought of while drooling over your pics. while youve got the carpet and glue handy, whack a bit of carpet over the rear thart seat too. A mates boat has carpet over the seats and it makes it heaps more comfy. no nasty hot surprises when you step or sit on hot bare alloy on a summers day. nothing worse than a delicate area gettin scorched.
    Cheers Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by orbyroo View Post
    something i just thought of while drooling over your pics. while youve got the carpet and glue handy, whack a bit of carpet over the rear thart seat too. A mates boat has carpet over the seats and it makes it heaps more comfy. no nasty hot surprises when you step or sit on hot bare alloy on a summers day. nothing worse than a delicate area gettin scorched.
    Cheers Roo.

We didn't do on saturday as we wanted to fish out of it on sunday.. lol

Got the carpet cut just need to glue it down.. hopefully this week

Hey Simon, Slightly off topic mate, but what did/are you using to glue the carpet down?
    I have just done the rear seat, the bow! a little electronics/storage 'cupboard' and I used a Bostik silicon sealant. (Silastic basically) I paid particular attention to the edges, and in the middle, just did the 'S' thing everywhere. It seems quite fine right now and looks quite nice and its practical. As Roo said, much more comfortable than burnt balls....
    ....of the feet!

I used Kwik-Grip Waterbased as i used Celuka Foam PVC Board as the floor not marine ply as it's long lasting compared to ply. It had to be waterbased so it wouldn't eat in to the PVC. I'm looking to use something different on the seat as its ally & i need it to stick well..