Thread: coochin creek

coochin creek

can anyone tell me where abouts to fish around coochin creek and where exactly it is. both for muddies and fish. also we caught a big cod today. are they always slimy and smell very bad

Re: coochin creek

Benny01

Mate do you have a boat if you do good
    To get to Coochin Creek drive up the highway towards caloundra keep your eyes open for Roys Road. Turn left at Roys Road and this will take you to Coochin Ck Camping area and boat ramp.

Ken
    Last edited by Rodman; 20-01-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Left at Roy's Rd Rodman? I thought it was right.

cod are even worse when the stinking things throw up all over your floor, takes months to get the smell out

When turning into Roys Rd as your heading north you can either turn right off the highway,in which case you have to pull up pretty fast in the right hand lane which could be a bit hairy with a boat trailer if the traffic is full on.Or turn left off the highway exiting in the left hand lane and pass under the highway and go to Coochin that way.
    Good luck with the fishing some good Jack,Bream and Flatties have come out of there.

we always put in at doonybrook and head up bit of a trip but ok if overnight in bigger boat heaps of muddies check out your becon to becon

we went there today but were a bit unsure if we were even in coochin or just out of the passage a bit. i live in caloundra and put the boat in at diamond head ramp. we got a few good bream and a big cod that stunk like crazy(mum cracked the sads when i cleand it in the sink), a stingray, tiny flattie and a few mangrove trees. only caugt one small female muddie in the pots.

so would it be worth the drive out to roys road to put the boat in. how shallow does it get up coochin. we were there at hight tide and some places were like two foot of water and ive got a V - shaped 4.2m boat