Thread: 4000 size reel

4000 size reel

Just came into ownership of a second snapper raider rod and need a reel to match it now. I already have a snapper raider matched with a symetre 4000 but I want something a bit better than the symetre. Any ideas? would like to spend around 200 but max 250.

I have thought about the new stradics but just read a post saying they not crash hot like the previous model so now am not too sure about them. seriously guys are they really duds as I absolutley love my older stradic 1000 and 2500. I am open to all suggestions so please let me know.

Re: 4000 size reel

Hi Ismail,

It depends what you want to do with it. I've got a symetre on mine too, but I sometimes throw on a 3500 baitrunner, which is a decent balance and well within your budget. It covers a lot of options.

BTW - T've got some braid for the baitcaster, but haven't loaded it up yet...

Good luck,
    Mke

Daiwa Caldia Kix will set you back just over $250 if you shop around....great reel.

Tierra 4000, kix 4000, freams 4500j or the stradic (either old or new) are probably all worth a consideration. You really cant go wrong with most reels in that price range.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post
    Daiwa Caldia Kix will set you back just over $250 if you shop around....great reel.

I've got one & love it you can get them off M.O.Tackle for $279..

Still i would use the Symetre until it died then update the reel then cause it is just the same as Stradic nearly..

Most of the reels in that price range are very nice to use. Go into a store and feel them. Some are significantly heavier (not a bad thing IMHO) and have different handle lengths and grips. Pick the one that feels right to you and not the one with the most titanium solar powered ball bearings or whatever
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

id be more conserd about upgrading your rod!
    the snapper raiders bend right down to the but when you hook the larger fish under a bit of drag pressure(which is what you need) they dont really have enough grunt
    other wise the kix is a nice reel

stradic 4000 or tierra 4000

mate you would need to come up with a little more cash, but the Twin Power IMO will be money well spent. I have been landing some 3-20kg fish with it and hasnt skiped a beat, very smooth drag.

Cheers
    Joe

only prob with the old stradic is it didnt hold much drag

Hey Ismail,
    I just bought 2 shimano stradics 5000 (old type) online last week for $245 AUD delivered,thats about $110 each - do the math.
    Thats a good deal in anyones language.
    Cheers steve99.

I use an old model Stradic 4000 on mine at the moment. I have previously used a Penn Affinity 4000 that was quite a bit smaller and balanced better but was probably pushed beyond its capablities on Tuna etc
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"