Thread: Lurker says G'day!

Thumbs up Lurker says G'day!

I've been reading the forums for a few months now and really appreciate the information people post. It's great to "get to know" a few of the characters too through their posted fishing experiences.

My wife and I have started fishing a few months ago (around the time we married) and it's turned into the major past time in our lives... I haven't fished since I was a kid and she LOVES spending time in the outdoors (and catching more than me). Unfortunately the fishing has been very poor of late but we're still enjoying it!

We're land based at the moment but will buy a boat in the future... I'm sure of that. In the mean time we're trying to get out to different locations and just enjoying it as much as we can.

There's much for us to learn and I'm sure the learning will never stop. Thanks to all who participate here because Ausfish is a great resource for newbies like us!

Re: Lurker says G'day!

Welcome aboard, where do you fish at the moment?

Cheers
    Kezza

We've been out at Deepwater Bend on the Nth Pine a fair few times now with varying results... (Some nice bream early on but it's been pretty quiet there lately except for a small flathead, many small bream (all went back in of course) and a stone fish.

The Hornybrook Bridge has been much the same (though not as consistent) as has a spot on Bribie we've been fishing (South of the bridge on a rock wall).

Last weekend we went up to Redcliffe on a rock wall on one of the beaches but didn't last long... way too many snags on the submerged rocks.

We've fished Nudgee once on low tide for no result... but I'm keen to try a few other spots around there...

We headed up to Noosa one weekend and fished around the Tewantin boardwalk "thingy" there but that was immediately after some big rain and we didn't even get a bite.

I've mapped out about a dozen different spots we want to try and we'll slowly make our way through them. We're open to a bit of a drive to find some nice places that get us some results...

A part of our interest is certainly the fishing and catching a feed but we're also interested in the location (had a walk down Shultz's Canal one day but don't think it'd actually be very enjoyable - unless we were just there on a particularly smelly day) ;-)

I work in IT and can be a bit of a geek so I've spent a bit of time in Google Earth to plot out places we WANT to try and recording our trips thus far. Might be interesting in a few years to look back at the mistakes we're making and the time we're wasting... but hopefully we'll be learning along the way.

Any hints are greatly appreciated though. :-)

Oh, thanks for the welcome too!

Good on ya for getting out there and giving it a go. Sooner or later you'll find that special place that you'll want to go back there again and again. Let us all know when you get some good ones but not necessarily where it was!

Cheers
    Kezza