Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Oversized fishtank

Re: Oversized fishtank

My mum gets the shits with ducks cr@pping on her REAL pool so she has 2 or 3 rubber snakes surrounding it and they mostly stay away!

any updates? Is it still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    Ok i've put the bottom plug in cleared out a bit of the leaves and transferred most of the tadpoles off to a safe location (the ones i don't get tomorrow will either have to grow bloody quickly or they'll end up as fish food). tomorrow i'm going to go get some of that native duck weed and go net some mullet and guppies. i'll probably go for a fish next week some time and bring back 5 or 6 just legal bream and see how they go. As for salt, i figure after emptying the rain water tank into the pool theres somewhere between 10 000-15 000lites in there atm. i'll say 12 500 at one teaspoon per 50 litres thats 250 teaspoons. hmm i'll just weigh 10 teaspoons of salt and see what it works out at.

Hey Cam if you've still got those barra in about a month of so's time i might take you buy them off you, i just want to establish some plants and a few smaller fish first before chucking in some decent fish. I'm just a little concerned about the barra keeling over during the winter as our pool has got below the 10 degree mark before and it would be a shame to kill your pets.
    Try 5 parts per thousand, ie one litre of water equals one kilo. 5 grams of salt per kilo is right so try 5kg for every 1000 litres of water.

Still going. I've settled with 2 grams per litre of salt. Seems to be enough to prevent them getting sores but not so strong that it will effect the water plants. Currently the biggest bass would be close to 50cm.

Bringing back an old thread.. Updates? Is the pooltank still going?