Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oversized fishtank

Re: Oversized fishtank

haven't forgoten to take more photo's it's just that the lighting has been pretty pov each time i get a chance. Will try to get some more soon.

love ya work jeremy.....now ya just gotta work out how to convert a black marlin, sailfish,YFT and wahoo to fresh water!!

now that would be awsome, i could probably put a little trevally in there though, and people sometimes call tarpon freshwater marlin (do i get points for that). did you see on the news last night how they have managed to breed southern bluefin in capticity.

I saw that jeremy. Its looking really good for the future of our fish stocks if they're more heavily reliant on farmed fish

Quote Originally Posted by o bag View Post
    i think pure rainwater is bad for fish, i did a full water change for 2 of my tanks and all fish in them died, it could have been something in my water but i dont no, if ya get 2 types of aggresive fish and grow them up togther when they are small they should be alright, i had monos fully converted(slowly dripping freshwater throguh an aerator hose into the salt and taking the salt out)with a barra and they were fine, the monos heckled the barra if anything, sorry about going off topic but it might help....
    that would be due to the stress of the water parameters changing soo much...
    need to do 15% changes mate.. never more than 50% in serious situations

yeah i saw that on the news jezz, My mind wandered straight to black marlin in captivity.

come on stop holding out and take some pics for us , has it all been going good still ? How have they been the last few days with the colder mornings ?

Any more on the pond front???

Any piccies yet???

Love the work

Sorry guys forgot all about this thread, yeh ponds doing great really nice and clear atm. The big bass has settled in well and is ruling the roost but will only take live food (meal worms, earth worms, live fish, red claws). I've been using the azolla to start a worm farm which is doing well at the moment i am filling a 10litre bucket every 5 or so days with excess water plants (with all the water squashed out) so its working really well as a biological filter, it only went mirky for a few weeks after not having much rain during a hot spell but now that the weather has cooled off its a crystal clear tea colour. The flathead has finally started to eat dead food like little frog mouth's and white bait. I have a silver perch that i've been raising in one of the clams which has grown heaps, it will probably go into the pool in a few more months when i am confident that it won't get eaten by the flathead. Tried taking a few photo's but they've mostly turned out sh!t but i cleaned the weed out this arvo so i'll try to get a few action shots of the bass tomorrow morning smacking worms. I seriously need to get some more mullet. I've gone from 37 to 4 with only 1 dieing of causes other than being eaten (had lots of missing scales and ended up with a fungal infection). I'll take a few photo's tomorrow of what the pool looks like and hopefully with a few shots of the bass.

Light was terrible yesterday, i spent ages wondering wether to post these photo's up or not, hopefully i can do the same thing on a sunny day because the bass behaved perfectly and i could end up with some really good shots

Jeremy,

what ever happened with the pool fish tank?? did it work out or not?? still going??

still going, was going really good until some ducks came along and ate all the water plants and shat everywhere, the water is well lets just say not very clear anymore. the fish don't seem to mind but the pond definately doesn't have the asthetic value it used to. I'm going to have to find some more azolla somewhere to hopefully clean the water up again.

Smile Re: Oversized fishtank

Speaking from experience in keeping Jacks in fish tanks .
    Jack Vs Bass . it will be Jack 1 / Bass 0 overnite or quicker.
    Infact a jack( size dependant) will kill everything you mentioned . They even eat catfish , it just takes them a little longer to learn how to get around the spine problem.
    They are not friendly fish.
    Beast
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

A pool as a fish tank???Gees we have an 8 footer that we cant workout
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

hey how is this project going?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!