Thread: Thurs Arvo on Gold Coast

Thurs Arvo on Gold Coast

I will be down the Gold Coast on Thursday morning for work but will be finishing around 12 or so. I will therefore have the arvo off and therefore dont want to waste the trip to the coast so I want to wet a line while Im there.

Where is my best bet for a fish or two land based on Thurs arvo? Will be throwing some SP's and HB's around. If anyone wants to join me will see you there as it is always best fishing when you got someone to chat to.

Ismail

Re: Thurs Arvo on Gold Coast

Well to be honest use SP on the Gold Coast and fish the Seaway or the bridges that are around that area. You could give the Sandpumping Jetty a go with bait if you use bait use peeled Prawn and Small pieces of Pilchards You'll get a fish or two.

Remember if there isn't any white wash cast down near the Pylons.

The fish you'll get is.

Canals and Bridges - Small to medium size Trevally, Bream, Mangrove Jacks, Flathead, Whiting, Moses Perch and maybe a Squire.

Seaway - Small to large size Trevally, Bream, Mangrove Jacks, Big Flathead, Whiting, Tarpon, Queenfish and Small Jews.

Jetty - Dart, Small to large Trevally, Jew, Kingfish, Bream, Butter Bream, Cod, Queenfish, Yakka, Slimy Mackeral and School Mackeral.

Bait -

Dart - Worms, Peeled Prawn and Pipi.
    Trevally - Worms, Peeled Prawn, Pipi, Pilchard.
    Jew - Live Poddy Mullet, Large Worms.
    Queenfish - Peeled Prawn and Pilchard Pieces.
    Yakka - Peeled Prawn on a Jig.
    Bream - Worms, Peeled Prawn, Pipi, Pilchard.
    Butter Bream - Worms, Peeled Prawn, Pipi, Pilchard.
    Cod - Anything.
    Kingfish - Live Slimy Mackeral, Live Squid, Live Mullet, Live Whiting and Live Yakka.
    Slimy Mackeral - Peeled Prawn on a Jig.

Enjoy alot of thinking into that :p

P.S. Best bet for fish is in the Seaway and on the Jetty.

Re: Thurs Arvo on Gold Coast

deffinently hit up the canals with surface lures straight up.
    there are alot more then small to medium size treavally in them!
    bream will be the main thing you will get but i lighter leader under 6lb is the go.
    mate went there yesterday around the narang and had a ball