Thread: Can't view photos by clicking on them

Can't view photos by clicking on them

Hi

I can see photos in posts and most are just thumbnail size. I used to be able to click on them and they would come up in another window at half screen size. Nowa fresh screen appears but no image is shown??

I am not sure what setting or security has changed on my PC or if it is a firewall setting. Am using firefox and XP.

Any ideas appreciated of which settings to look at and change appreciated.

C

PS did a quick search and couldn't find an answer. If this has been asked and answered before please just direct me to it.

Re: Can't view photos by clicking on them

Do you get the advertising blurb???

Have you changed anything - new software etc??

If so can you do a restore to an earlier date??

Mike

You may have an ad blocker or similar installed. Go into your security settings and see if they are set correctly. They may have been set too high. You can try to reset them to default and see how it goes. Just remember what they are currently set to so you can go back and reset to that if it doesn't fix the problem.

You may need to close down and restart firefox for the new setting to come into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by groverwa View Post
    Do you get the advertising blurb???

Have you changed anything - new software etc??

If so can you do a restore to an earlier date??

Mike

Thanks for the reply to you and Ausfish.

Yes still get the advert blurb across the top of the new opened window but not the actual picture underneath it.

Will check the add blocker and see if it makes any difference

Was hoping it was a cookie setting as also it seems I must log on each time I come to teh site as it is not remembering me. Not sure why that changed either but..........

Thanks

will keep trying and reversing things till I work it out unless someone can be any more specific.

C

PS Don't really want to rese or go back to a previous setting as there may be other things I may lose but I know what you mean.

Question to Ausfish- do the pictures get served up from another "place on teh internet "I may have blocbed or is it still from "ausfish" Sorry I don't know teh tech terms but teh blocked sites has thousands in it so would need to allow it if it wasn't just from "Ausfish"

Pic come from the same server, so shouldn't be a disallowed site problem