Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Where would you retire?

Re: Where would you retire?

Somewhere around FNQ , one of the places here probably right where I am, its warm and all the extra traffic and imports it has changed , but I've traveled for work a lot and always looked out for the places I like and can say with outa doubt This is where I'll live and semi-retire here , the cape is close and I like camping and 4wding so Lakefield is right close and available, Fishing the reef is closer here , I take my 5m out to the outer reef on a good day or night, barra and jack in the inlet and I should spend some time checking out the russel or daintree or coombaloomba dam has the biggest bream and nice barra at tinaroo with skiing . And about 15 year back we used to float down the mulgrave on a tube throwing small spinners for jungle perch and bream. Hinchinbrooke is close for some thing different, Karumba is 12 -14 hours away been a long time since I went the direct route to Karumba , did a bit of work in the cape camping out every night for a few years , and there are some unsung place up there still. Cooktown too windy and Townsville to far to the reef, pick a sweet spot in between.
    Plenty of foriegn backpackers plus our good old aussie girls in swimsuits littering the esplanades to add to the eye candy that is tropical Far North Queensland, and thats in winter, winter if you can call it that is brief, pleasant when in the mornings it gets to like 12 degrees for an hour before it soars up to 25 -40[ I hate the cold my back hates the cold I found out when in wagga for a couple of winters then fairburn for another two]. me move well no, not while the heart is ticking and the brain is still clicking and when I'm done having fun and checked out , burn the husk and have a party play lots of hendrix ,cooper and floyd .Now a holiday out of town once in a while would be a better idea.

Greg

Now this may sound strange but what about Gladstone. Yes Gladstone. We have offshore fishing plus the great Barrier Reef, when its windy we have many creeks and rivers and the mighty harbour and we also have one of the worlds premium Barra spots at Awonga dam. People are great. Cost of living is moderate. Not too busy although that is about to change with all the expansion going on. Yes Gladstone. And it is voted the second most popular seaside living destination. $100 plane fare and 1 hour to Brissy. Strong infrastructure. Very few greenies. Yes Gladstone.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

caloundra is my pick.....

the house is already there waiting for me to get sick of working..

and i cannt see me leaving the job.
    all i do is hold the touch and wipe over some glass and get get paid PLENTlY

do hulls start cracking due to no water......
    "whats the time"

Well it stands to reason close to family and close friends if possible.
    However the boss & i retired up here in Hervey Bay, Opps i mean windy bay for 6 years, catch of the day may be, crabs,esturary & reefies not to far off the several boat ramps.
    Windy days a pleasent drive to the local dam, or further a broad.
    Our recommendation HERVEY BAY.
    Cheers Seamaid.

noosas great. not too far south to bris and goldy not too far north to fraser and surrounding areas

Red Rock, NSW. Half way between Grafton and Coffs Harbour, about 1/2hr from Woolgoolga. On the beach with ocean access. All there is is a bowls club and the caravan park shop. Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!