Thread: Hi there from Canberra / Gold Coast..

Hi there from Canberra / Gold Coast..

Hey ppl,

a great forum you guys are running! I am up on the gold coast for a few more days trying to catch a few fish..... not having much luck.....went to Jumpinpin yesterday.... with a grand total of one Eel caught!

Other than that have been wandering around aimlessly on the broadwater looking for some decent fish! All we have managed so far has been the eel, a stingray and 3 toadfish... we have cleaned up

I think I will not bother hiring a boat again, and stick to catching Dart off the SP jetty from here on in! I love going around in the boat, but also like catching fish

Cheers,

Swabio!

Re: Hi there from Canberra / Gold Coast..

haha thats no good mate
    at least you caught some fish though??
    how much longer are you up here? do you do much fishing down in the nations capital?

i do hope you clean up in the time you've got left dude
    take care

Quote Originally Posted by trevally3D View Post
    yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    lol should i prepare myself for a yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the next thread? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut!! View Post
    haha thats no good mate
    at least you caught some fish though??
    how much longer are you up here? do you do much fishing down in the nations capital?

i do hope you clean up in the time you've got left dude
    take care
    I am heading back down to Canberra in a couple of days... probably thursday.... so will give the Sand Pumping Jetty a crack tomorrow night.....

To be honest.....I haven't done any fishing down in Canberra in the 7 odd years that i have lived there.... the last couple of trips up to the GC have started to get me back into the fishing side of things..... I used to do a fair bit of fishing as a kid.... but sort of let work etc get in the way of it for too long! That and i have lived considerable distance from the ocean for way too long!

My son is getting to the age where he has a little bit of patience..... so I might have to start getting him out there and trying to catch some fish in ACT / Southern NSW... might do the odd trip down to Batemans Bay etc to do some saltwater fishing...