Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: caught in the act crabbing need help

caught in the act crabbing need help

i did a recent crabbing trip with my mate to bayside wellington point. as we checked a first few pots we glanced up to a jet ski ###### checking our first pot. we motored up to confront him and said hey mate what the #@@$ are you doing dont u dare u check our pots. he is like narr.... i was just seeing if there were crabs in this creek. a few hundred more swear words were exchanged. we realised that this guy might hopefully have a rumble. he came toward us and he saw that we had boating tools on deck... eg ors... calving knifes and what ever else..... we then stated yelling out his rego and he then took off faster than road runner.... we were going to move and restet the pots untill him and his 3 mates came back all with jet ski's. they started doing laps round the baot. they were then quickly reminded who was in the right. we ended up taking all pots home and not re- setting them cause on the way out they decided to cut 3 of my pots off. i have there rego but no pics..... who do i goto to hopefully get them fined???? water police.... police.... fisheries???? so angry atm... anyways a 6hr saok got us 3 bucks 1 being about 1.3kg.... i am tempted to post hist rego on here but i have had time to settle down alas

cheers DYaln

Re: caught in the act crabbing need help

give fisheries a call,, they will advise best course of action.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

The issue of crab pot theft has been big in the media to date, so a call to the Dept would be the best bet.
    Failing that, TodayTonight has been lacking good content lately....

Shore based pots are useless here where we are, but who would think a jetski would pull your inaccessable ones? Is it strontium that explodes once exposed to air???

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo2 View Post
    The issue of crab pot theft has been big in the media to date, so a call to the Dept would be the best bet.
    Failing that, TodayTonight has been lacking good content lately....

Shore based pots are useless here where we are, but who would think a jetski would pull your inaccessable ones? Is it strontium that explodes once exposed to air???
    I think that's phosphorous. I remember my science teacher in yr10 emptying a whole class room because one stick became exposed to the air.
    that would be a neat trick though

Find his car at the ramp and hide a few old fish somewhere on his car.

we were tempted very much to goto the ramp. settle our differences the aussie way.

Nothing you can do without video solid evidence, his mates are witnesses in law being on different vessels, so they could even get you charged without any true evidence for near whatever the fell like and can think up, let it ride they are nothing but cowards anyway.

Why is it the bloke who doesn't start the fight but wins the fight that gets charged..??

cheers fnq

that is bloody terrible. A camera would have been handy. Even still shots. At least you have the rego. The authorities will do nothing without solid evidence.

It is up to you (and a few mates)

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Dylan
    If you are feeling threatened just ring 000 and ask for police and give them details in the spot.
    Cheers
    Ray

Hi Dylan Rylatt
    Best to go to DPI they take a dim view to crab pot free loaders,they will hand over the water rage to the Water Police, at least you get some professional advice.
    I agree with FNQ CAIRNS, yar may win the battle not the war.
    Get their Rego's on the books their turn will come.
    cheers Ged

Quote Originally Posted by reelemin1974 View Post
    Find his car at the ramp and hide a few old fish somewhere on his car.
    Just tip some old bait water down the air vents and it'll dry but the stench will remain

If you throw some rope around the jet skis will suck it up and clog the propollsion.

shoulda put the big buck under his seat in his car, aaah crraaaab I reckon he will leave them alone in the future . Go to the dpi
    Last edited by Tropicaltrout; 14-01-2008 at 08:50 PM.

so what is the rego number.just make it known to all so we dont our pots looked at, as he/them wont be able to see to well anyway

I wonder if they frequent that area often he had what was it 3 mates I reckon we could muster up a few more than that just from here I know i cant stand jetskiers sorry if there are any here but 90% of them are ego driven morons with no respect for other waterway users.