Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .

Re: Bought a Saltiga, already regret it!

Get a room!!

Mate I own a Saltiga Expedition and a Saltiga Dogfight.

They are the best reels I have ever touched and am 100% happy with my purchase.

They are two different reels though.....The saltiga expedition I use for Jigging as it has the lower gear ratio.It is a serious weapon to Jig with and the smoothness of the reel makes jigging easier.

Chasing a Marlin on Spin Gear I would have imagined the guy would have tried to sell you a 'Saltiga Dogfight' with the high speed retrieve of 6:2 to 1
    This is a better reel for high speed lure retrieving and popping.

The saltiga's are still nicer than the Stellas in my opinion....They say that stellas drag are marginally smoother but the overall engineering of the Saltigas are better.

Cheers
    Pete

mate ,you brought it for a reason, put line on it and go and enjoy what you choose it to do,FISH and fish hard. thats why they make huh, not to put in glass cabinets and drool over, cheers sid

Must be a Daiwa thing. I bought 2 new t-curves and a 4500 baitrunner at Christmas. The baitrunner was spooled up that day, both rods have their respective reels sitting on them and I am busting my gut to get out there and use them!!

Cheers
    Kezza

I will give you 20 dollars for it but i want line on it lol

shane

good on ya, they are a great reel, i have 3 now and wont get any other,
    get some line on it, use it and feel how good they are

BTW, no, i dont knock mine about, every time a fish gets pulled ,the rod goes straight in the rodholder so it dont get scratched

Daz

Quote Originally Posted by edgreen View Post
    Thanks Pete. Would you mind telling me if the drag washers on yours are the original or replacements?
    Originals mate........Would you buy a ferrari and change the motor....

Its just not needed in my opinion.....They have 28kg of drag (or thereabouts)

Pete

Love the fotoz, worked well on my 50inch plasma...not!

Very nice piece of kit, spool her up and give it a hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by edgreen View Post
    I did not like the rounded knob and opted for the 6000.

Why do I regret? Cause since I brought it home I can't stop admiring it and I can't see myself ever putting any line on it or actually taking it out to salt water and that stinky smelling boat where this beauty might get scratched!

I took some photos to share my excitement with you. You do have a hand in my decision.

Perhaps you ought to take your mind off knobs and there is no way that I have had a hand in your pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Get a room!!

Last edited by charleville; 13-01-2008 at 02:57 AM.

I would be returning that reel..it is faulty..the bloody handle is on the wrong side..surely you would have seen that sooner!!!!!!

Great thread for a giggle, this is how forums can be.

Got me thinking about buying one of these things for my ( anticipated for the future) offshore outfit.

hahahaha had to laugh ..... mmmmm 28 kgs might not be enough its alot better if u skulldrag your fish aboard!!!!