Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Townsville F,F'n'F

Re: Townsville F,F'n'F

See ya's all then.

Count me in for the 5th April, also the $5. Can't amke it for drinks Sat/Sun, got nightshifts both nights and the boss likes us sober. Let me know what goes at the pub and hope to make the next session.

Brett
    Fillet and Release Squad

I dont know what i was looking at but i will be in town for the 5th i dont know where i got 14th from. i hope the mackies are on.
    Wade

They shoud be, josh said there was plenty on his way back in from his most recent reef trip, smashing all the bait that was wshed out of the creeks after the rain.

Now all we've got to do if sacrifice something to the fishing gods for good weather, have to make sure I catch a barra before then to offer it up.

Scott,

save yoursef a lot of time and effort go to the barra farm mate. Learn from there and take it to the wild man and reap the benifits.

Cheers Rod....

That's what I done Rod, kinda cheating but I tweaked my lure action out there and I have now caught wild Barra with the same actions.
    Also for a bit of fun, try poppers at the farm, awesome stuff.

finally had a chance to sit and read this thread!

Looks good for that saturday. Will have to see what happens as far as work etc, but if i'm off, and if have the boat, will def be out on the water then......

Hmmmm - 4pm drinks today.... Might be a little late seeing as I just saw it.... Oops

Seeing how we've put a bit of a comp into place, after a bit of discussion with Rod, Corey and Wade we though it would be a good idea to put a limit on how far we can travel.

We decided on a boundary starting from the Maggie Shoals, extending to the Northern side of Rattlesnake. Just to even things up a bit, because as Rod said, not everyone's boat is capable on traveling offshore, and those with larger, more capable boats, will no doubt have an advantage on being able to shoot out to many wrecks and close reefs and bring back some awe inspiring fish, leaving those in smaller tinnies at a disadvantage for the comp, as most will be limited to Maggie Island. At least with this in place, everyone has the same (or at least similar) chance of taking away the kitty.

To summarise:

Date: Saturday 5th April
    Place: Coastguard ramp
    Time: 4:30am, meeting up later at 12-1pm
    Boundary: Maggie Shoals to North side of Rattlesnake (for those participating in the comp)

Equipment: Any fishing apparatus, be it spear guns, rods, hand lines, all supplied by the individual unless other arrangements can be made.

Rules: Catch and Release or Killngrill. All Regulations must be followed (ie yellow zones such as middle reef, bag limits, size limits).
    For those wanting to participate in the comp, it is not necessary for you to keep the fish if you don't want to, photo's will suffice.

Scott,

Boundary South is Salamanda Reef.

Cheers Rod....

Don't know about spear guns as it really isn't fishing???

Scott, at the club I am in we utilise a scoring sheet that gives a base number of points for all different types of fish according to fighting capability and bonus points for each cm over the legal length. This way the big boats and the small guys are on an even scale and a person who catches a bag of 5 grunter, bream and Jacks can beat someone who catches a bag of 5 big reefies.

Let me know if you are interested in this option and I'll pm you for your email and then send a copy over to you for a look??

Regards

Brett
    Fillet and Release Squad

I am still good to take 2 looking forward to it. 5 bucks sounds ok too
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

might be up there for that weekend any chance of joining gladly donate 5 bucks. would have room for another 4, someone with a bit of reef or shoal experience would be greatly appreciated as i haven't been there before in this area .

ozbee,

Welcome to the club, though I do live in Townsville, I have not long started to head out and explore the area myself, I've got a couple of spots but thats about it. The day for me is going to be more of an opportunity to share info (or steal in my case as all the stuff I know about the area is probably well known among the rest of the group) and find new terrain. There's plenty of reef around this side of maggie to have a go on, and moat of the other area's I've visited, you can go by landmarks and just sound around for a likely looking spot.

Bugger it, working all that weekend now.