Thread: live bait in the noosa

live bait in the noosa

gday all,

im heading up to the noosa river again to see if we can get some jacks or trevally or anything that swims really, i've never really caught much in the way of live bait in the river , prawns, herring, poddy mullet etc. we have a cast net and boat so we can get most places and im quite frankly sick of not catching things on lures so was hoping if anyone could shed some light on the spots i could find some livies?

will probably head upstream towards the lakes to have a crack at the jacks and just wondering has the been much biting other than catfish in the river recently? any whiting, flattie or trev around the woods?

im heading up tomorrow morning so any info will be much appreciated!!!!

hope to have something to report about when i get back

regards connor

Re: live bait in the noosa

Right next to the ramp where you put your boat in mate or any of the jetties.
    Use your imagination.

I'll see you out there, I'm bustin' for a fish!

Jeff.

Used to fish Lake Cootharaba plenty when I was growing up.
    Prawns all around the western shores when they are on, walking net was all we used. There were heaps of small bait fish around the jetty at Boreen. If you stop there for a jig you should get a few.
    There was a deep hole in the Noosa on the east bank not too far in from Lake Cootharaba if I remember. It was always good for a few bream and the odd jack.

much appreciated fellas, just heading up there now, will post a report later on.

cya out on the water sometime