Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2008.

Re: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2008.

I have to admit, I may take out the fishin trophy AND the cookoff one this year. Back to the staple of "Newby's World Famous Chilli Muscles" and that will definately take out the cookoff. And as for the reds, I am going on a charter out to the Bunker Group in March for some practice. The wonderfull people at Suzuki have generously donated a fishing trip to me and 9 others (car dealers) on local boat "Tura" for 5 days. Just in case your not aware, the bunker group takes in Fitzroy, Musgrave etc so the "Secret Spots" I will prize out of the skipper will be held in lock and key secrecy. Get the solvent out and get that bloody trophy unstuck Snappa. Its coming north to Gladstone to join the ever growing prizes in the trophy room (bar)
    How many more sleeps?????
    AND How much more sh!t slinging can possibly go on before October?

I am off to Pancake Creek in half an hour to start my Jack practice. The "Carnelpya" is finally mechanically spot on. It now sits in a bloody great seapen so bum stays clean. By October, all refit inside should be finished too.
    Most expensive little project I have ever undertaken.
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

newbs we here it every year but yet see the the fish infact have you finished a whole week yet up there.he he he
    only kidding mate good to see see you will represent again this year hope the old girl doesnt hit the hip pocket to bad in 08 sounds like she should be made of gold with the dough you have spent
    by the way dont think team kitty cat wont win the reds trophy this year

Newbs, mate not a chance in the cookoff, last years loss was your culinary highpoint

mike
    Tangles KFC

Sorry I took so long, but yes, I will be there again to defend the title and fly the AF flag. (ahem....see pics below)
    Jeez.........all this talk about prize-winning reds......we'll see come Oct. I should be in a new crack, I mean boat by then.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiter View Post
    Sorry I took so long, but yes, I will be there again to defend the title and fly the AF flag. (ahem....see pics below)
    Jeez.........all this talk about prize-winning reds......we'll see come Oct. I should be in a new crack, I mean boat by then.
    Hey Damo

Does that mean I might not have to bring my boat

Good to see you back on board

What's happening with Chicksloveit?

Oh and I have just booked "Neptune", seeing as Lazy J's was booked.

Rob T
    Last edited by rob tranter; 29-01-2008 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_cat View Post
    newbs we here it every year but yet see the the fish infact have you finished a whole week yet up there.he he he
    only kidding mate good to see see you will represent again this year hope the old girl doesnt hit the hip pocket to bad in 08 sounds like she should be made of gold with the dough you have spent
    by the way dont think team kitty cat wont win the reds trophy this year
    I did a whole week 3 years ago.
    2 days the second year and 4 days last year so am getting back to form.
    Just got back from a weekend at Pancake Creek. 7POB and the old gorl performed sensationally. 3 weeks in her in the Whitsundays in March/April then a few trips in between April and October doing fine tuning for the M&G.
    All good...
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    Newbs, mate not a chance in the cookoff, last years loss was your culinary highpoint

mike
    If only you knew mate. If only.
    Let the proof be in the voting and lets see what greasy unedible delight you slide in front of us this year.
    Mate its true what they say, you can paint a turd gold but you will never make it shine, hence the voters last year wouldnt know a culinary delight from dog poo and that was proved when the deckie's microwaved frozen dim sims and chicken bites nearly won the cookoff. In fact he would have won if we let them vote on it.

This year its back to my grass roots. KISS Keep It Simple Stupid.
    NEWBY T.G.

Rob, I'll let you know closer to the date..... besides, ITS STILL JANUARY FOR F@#%S SAKE!!!!!!!!!
    Also, can you pm me a link to 'Neptune"

Hey Newbs, I gotta agree that the voting hardly seemed a fair representation of the dishes served last year. Your ribs were bloody good, but I couldn't tell if there was chilli in them or not after Aigusto's ring-sting of a dish. Not knocking that either, as it was awesome. I did think the chilli mud crabs were grossly undersize and seemingly anorexic though ........(ducks and runs for cover ).

Damo

p.s. I promise not to fall asleep on anyone during dinner this year.
    Last edited by Deiter; 29-01-2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. But ,flogging him into submission will result in him taking up crabbing.... and once he gets a taste of that sh*t, well, he may never return again.

AS a side note, there is a ' tinnie ' trip planned.

This will entail traveling to Middle Creek and follow the system all the way to Pancake Creek for an overnight stay. Only the smaller tinnies will be able to make it, I'd say from 4mtrs down as we may have to drag them over some shallow water ( sand ) etc.

Google earth and have a look. it's doable ( is that a word ? )

The Cook-Off will have an updated, revised and unbiased ( Newbs ) voting system this year.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thumbs up Re: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2008.

a tinnie trip? im up for that with the leccie,, Newbs your stuffed on that mate

and unbiased judging on the cookoff, well Chong and i reckon 'Bring it On'

testing out a possible contender tonight, 'Jerk Off Chook" has a distinct nuc chook feel about it but tastes great, added advantage of next days bait... sure fire winner

cheers
    Mike
    Tangles KFC

testing out a possible contender tonight, 'Jerk Off Chook"

Mike

What colour/flavour is the sauce

Sorry folk's couldn't help myself on that one.

Rob T

Rob its a deep spicy Jamacian green colour, reckon im onto a winner

Aigutso's "BB'Q Jerk Off Nuclear Chook" is on the menu folks

How many sleeps?
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    AS a side note, there is a ' tinnie ' trip planned.

This will entail traveling to Middle Creek and follow the system all the way to Pancake Creek for an overnight stay. Only the smaller tinnies will be able to make it, I'd say from 4mtrs down as we may have to drag them over some shallow water ( sand ) etc.

Hmmmmm, sounds like a plan for when the wind is blowing it up a bit rough out front.

Might have to bring "Junior" along.

- Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    a tinnie trip? im up for that with the leccie,, Newbs your stuffed on that mate

cheers
    Mike
    Thats where ya wrong my friend. I have a 3.6 inflatable on the Berty that comfortably does 20kn and is a very stable platform. Easy enough to hook up a sounder and ad a hand held GPS to her. Hmmm I might just do that. Thanks for the thought mate.
    OR
    I can drive the Berty into Pancake, fish form the tender and still sleep in comfort with all the Berty's amenities that night. God I love it when a plan comes together. (Dont have to listen to you lot snoring either )
    Last edited by NEWBY; 30-01-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    NEWBY T.G.

Newbs, I'll pack a foot pump for your rubber duckie just in case Also good to hear the Bertie is getting a workout and is coming together

Mike
    Tangles KFC