Thread: Fishing Hinze Dam?

Fishing Hinze Dam?

I'm close to finishing my Bass Electric boat & I was wondering what is required to fish Hinze Dam? I have my Qld SIP but i heard it doesn't cover fishing Hinze? Do i need a boat permit at all?? Any help would be great...

Re: Fishing Hinze Dam?

hey mate,
    You dont nees a sip nor boat permit at hinze,
    all you need is a hinze dam fishing permit.
    You can get these at Nerang Camping, or the council offices around the place,
    its about $40 a year or $10 a week.
    Other than that the dam is electric only and thats about it,
    oh and the only ramp usable at the moment is the mudgeeraba end near the water tower, Im pretty sure you get a pamphlet with the permit showing a map

good luck mate, get out there and get amongst them freshwater jacks
    Cheers,

Ben

As said you dont need the SIP to fish Hinze, just the Hinze permit itself. But in 6 months or so when the State Gov. takes control of all the water (instead of local councils) anything could happen. Logic says that Hinze should go onto the SIP list, but since when has the Gov. done anything logically?

thanks guys i'll head to nerang disposals & get one..

It is the local stocking group that has to apply to join the SIP scheme.
    The ramp at the western arm should be usable with the dam full. You will just have to launch from the old road as ramp will be under water.
    I am goong to give it s go in the morning.
    Cheers
    Ray

I heard that the road up to the Kiosk is closed - anyone know if that is true? I ask because I usually get a permit there as getting to Nerang (the camping store) is difficult for me.

Anyone ever been chased for their permit? I'm happy to support the SIP but the Hinze setup sux.

Chaz

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I heard that the road up to the Kiosk is closed - anyone know if that is true? I ask because I usually get a permit there as getting to Nerang (the camping store) is difficult for me.

Anyone ever been chased for their permit? I'm happy to support the SIP but the Hinze setup sux.

Chaz
    All the dam wall area is closed at both entrances [everything] for a couple of years while the wall is raised.
    Have had my permit checked at the ramp, all the permit money goes into Hinze for stocking and has been council run not part of SIP scheme
    Last edited by Dodge41; 11-01-2008 at 08:24 AM. Reason: error
    Regards

Richo

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge41 View Post
    All the dam wall area is closed at both entrances [everything] for a couple of years while the wall is raised.
    Have had my permit checked at the ramp, all the permit money goes into Hinze for stocking and has been council run not part of SIP scheme
    Thanks for that. I was able to get a mate to grab a permit for me from Nerang. I ceratininly support the stocking association (used to be in one myself so I know how hard they work). Just wish you could get one on-line.

Chaz

I fish Hinze all the time, and I'm a member of the hinze dam fishing club.
    the western arm is fishing crap at the moment due to the big fresh but its not hard to launch there.
    it is a very shollow road ramp but just have to back car in to the water to launch and you can wash your car at the same time.
    spinnerbaits are the go at the moment.

Cloud 9
    then it realy gets ughly

Spot on their cloudy - although there is such little parking @ the western arm. All it takes is for someone to park in that small turnaround area and getting your boat to the water would be a very interesting task.

Really need the council to place no parking signs at turning areas on both ramps. Some people are dumb and others plain selfish.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    Really need the council to place no parking signs at turning areas on both ramps. Some people are dumb and others plain selfish.
    Cheers
    Ray
    I love your theory...but how many times have you seen people parked in front of a sign that says no parking. It all comes down to common sence, anyone who would park their car in an obvious turning circle would not pay any attention to a sign...no matter what the size.

At least the dumb ones may take notice and the ignorant ones must be prepared for what may happen to their car ( Parking Ticket or worse)
    Cheers
    Ray

another thing.. What ramp has the worst car break ins???

they are probably as bad as each other,
    the western ramp is a lot more secluded so i guess theres more chance but then its harder to get to than the eastern so its hard to say

we were broken into at the spillway carpark below the wall and lost heaps so never take anything with us anymore, thats the safest bet mate,just take everything in the boat or leave it at home
    Cheers,

Ben