Thread: .

Re: Anyone used/owned Accurate Twinspin?

Mate
    Your not a pain thats what this forum is all about the passage of information from fisherperson to fisherperson

Ken

Re: Anyone used/owned Accurate Twinspin?

edgreen, the Twinspin is a tough reel for shore, I had one for jigging a couple of years ago when they first came out but it had a 6.1 ratio and was bloody hard work, although my mate in NZ uses it and knocked over a 26kg Kingie at White Island last week. It was not what I would call smooth when I had it but after a fair bit of use it has evidently loosened up a bit, the drag was always good but not as smooth as the Stella [and I have never found or heard of Stellas loosing their smoothness, my go to one is 4 yo and still going tops]. Like the early Saltiga's and Stella's it did have a problem [break] and was sent back to the US and rectified under warranty.
    The lower ratio will certainly help it as a jigging reel but I will stick to the Stellas in spinning reels, IMO smoother mechanicaly, smoother drag and about $350 cheaper, but I do use an Accurate 665 in an overhead jigging combo.
    Last edited by GPB; 09-01-2008 at 10:37 PM.