Thread: anyone willing to teach?

anyone willing to teach?

hey guys my names david, ive been fly fishing a few times in nz then i moved over here and left all my rods in nz ive been doing alot of plastis and lureing but not alot of fly fishing in the salt water, and i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to show me the basics of salt water fly fishing or what you usually do,
    anywhere between noosa and caloundra?

Re: anyone willing to teach?

Hi,

If you are up the North Coast way you should get in contact with the fly club - saltwaterflyfishers.org They are a really helpful bunch of people and very passionate. You should also consider getting some professional casting lessons as it helps to learn properly and not pick up bad habits at the beginning. There are a few casting instructors up your way and the club can put you on to them, alternatively there are a few in Brisbane as well.

Cheers,

Janelle

Contact the above club which Janelle has mentioned. I myself am a member. There are 3 FFF certified fly casting instructors in the club. I'm sure one of them would be willing to give you lessons. The club is located at Kawana. Contact the club if you would like more information, or Tie N Fly outfitters at Point Cartright.
    Cheers
    Bill

hey bill your more than capable of a few lessons on your little dam called macdonald.

Alan, I'm the one in need of casting lessons. And as for Macca's, its now just a water storage facility untill the bass grow again. Still haven't heard of an fish being caught in there since the floods last year. Good to see Lenthals got some good water in it. Hard fishing on sunday but ended up with 18 fish in our boat, most caught on fly.
    Cheers
    Bill

thanx janelle, sniper i might just do that
    cheers david

David ,
    I am the president of the Saltwater flyfishers Sunshine coast , and I am one of those casting instructors as Bill mentioned . Our club is very much into getting newcomers off the ground we also hold group casting lessons for free to financial members , on top of that we have a club fish every month to various locations with an emphasis on targeting particular species to that area , that means you pretty much get a free guide . At our meetings we talk about whats being caught in the local area and how it was done as well as fly tieing and guest speakers . There is heaps of experience in this club in the way of professional guides, fly fishing shop owners , professional casting instructors as well as as string of tournaments have been one by our members , I know I can speak on behalf of the club when saying all new comers whether experienced or beginner are very welcome . Its not a cult and there is no obligation to front every meeting or outing , but I reckon guys who give learning a go outside clubs like ours take a lot longer to pin good fish and learn a good technique . David it would be good to catch up if you like I also do private casting lessons( through our non profit club) and can be contacted via my club email SCSWFF@optusnet.com.au about lessons or club events. I can also put anyone who wants to on our mailing list for our club newsletter.
    Cheers Chris

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org