Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stolen gear on ebay

Re: Stolen gear on ebay

I have purchased a couple of rods on ebay from pfa over the last 6-12 months or so. These people claim their rods are built on blanks similar to Sabre blanks ie f/glass and graphite.

So far, and they have had a hammering, there have been no problems. One is a dead set ringer for a 195-6 Sabre and the other very similar to a 196-7.

I have both original Sabres and can see little or no difference and the price was unreal. I would have no hesitation doing it all again. Money save is money to be spent on bait, fuel, etc etc.

mate,like they say u get what u pay for.

some of the stuff on the ebay stores is just cheap crap from china, brought over here to make a quick buck. my son brought a bait runner on ebay, that did not even last 12 months b4 it fell apart. my advise is buy from some that u have least got a chance of a refund / replacement if it turns to crap.

Just recieved a used Penn 8500ss from Florida - excellent nick and cost me $124 landed. Not super cheap but a great reel and now i have a back up.

hi, bought my gps/sounder combo from the states and saved myself well over $500 bucksd compared to the tackle stores around my area. they had the unit to my house within 5 days of payment make sure you use paypal in case you have any problems its easier to recover any lost money on the off chance your not totally happy

After a few bay exp. the lesson ive learnt is if your can not look at it or put it in your hands before you purchase then good luck.Had a couple of good purchases but also had some bad.
    Interesting concept the stolen goods / transducerless sounders on the bay.
    Maybe very close to the truth.
    Reidy

I have purchased from almost every country on the planet and the amount of times I was ripped off doesn't come anywhere near the amount of money I have saved overseas buyers are excellant and you have 45 days to lodge a dispute for a refund if somthing goes wrong but the seller must have a feedback rating of 98% or more to be entitled to the claim. I once purchased a fish finder for 120.00 and decided to keep my old one and resold the new one for 450.00 back to the states so no complaints here.

As my post of a few months ago said - you can pick up some real bargains on Ebay - obviously though if you buy a Chinese copy of a 330 GT1 for $20 - don't expect too much. It's ok for entry level kids gear.