Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Aussie fishing park - Bli Bli.

Re: Aussie fishing park - Bli Bli.

you guys should have a look at mango paradise near bundy. its a farm stay/ barra farm. i didnt go there but it looks better than aussie fishing park. i went to aussie fishing park about 10 years ago and it was great. $35 for the day and you only had to keep barra from the small pond. the other ones you threw back.
    http://www.mangoparadisebedandbarra.com/

i was at the park on saturday.it cost $55 for 2 adults and 2 kids for 3 hours.there must of been at least 50 people there.i was there as it was my son best friends 8 year old birthday.they had a great time. we took live herring for bait and caught 4 barra and lost 4.we also saw atleast 15 other barra caught from we're we were sitting.there was some big barra caught.i know its not the same up north but the young boys had a great time and i saw plenty of other people doing the same.its a place to go for something a little diferent from fishing the norm down here at the SE coast.

The park has somewhat improved in recent times... New owners again not too long ago has seen the place cleaned right up.

Plenty of barra to be caught and prices are (from memory) $25 for half a day or $35 for a full day for adults. Children are $15/$25 and families are $55/$75... The option of keeping the fish no longer exists, catch and release only now.

If you go there expecting something akin to wild barra you're going to be dissapointed... However, go there and fish with 1-3 or 2-4kg outfits with 4lb main and 6lb leader (with lures or pellets) and there is much much fun to be had.

Matt.

Not to worry, Mondy, Awoonga, Kinchant and so on ALL contain pond donkeys. The only difference is the size of the body of water and the type of food eaten by the fish.

Bringing back an old topic - Mate of mine wants to go, Has anyone been there lately? Now trading as http://suncoastbarrafishing.com/ and I just want to know if its worth going pond donkey fishing here?

Hi
    haven't been of late but i enjoyed it when I went.
    Gee I must belong to the Elite club of pond donkeys too.

don't think this has turned out a very nice thread-- but each to their own opinion I suppose.
    So from one pond donkey to another if you want a fun day out with the kids tis worth it.

Ronnie

I have only ever known 1 person to go there and they were dissappointed. A guy at work went with his son and they were handed a bucket of pellets to use as bait... didn't catch a cracker.

There was a guy across from him on the pond using live poddy mullet as bait and he didn't do any good either but says that he normally cleans up on the live baits?
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Hi guys

I just wanted to share my experiencewith you guys we went to the barra park about 12 months ago. We bought tickets off the our deal website full days fishing for $35.00 rod and bait hire included. so we drove up there from Brisbane and checked in all ok they honoured the voucher. But heres were it all went down hill. It stated on ther website that they had modern facilities bbq and tables and chairs well were we in for a shock the bbq i woundnt let me dog eat off the chairs and tables were so filthy it was cleaner to stand up the place looked like no body had done a damm thing to it in years. The bait or boils they call them were so old and off they fell of your hook insantly and the rod and reels they had were absolute garbage they were broken or didnt work. My advice take your own fishing gear bait chair and anything else you need as the facalities dont exist and or work other than that there are some huge barra there we landed about eight between us all ove 60cm

last time i whent up to fish the park i was greatly disapointed also.Ive fished this place maybe once a year for the last 6 -7 years.Anyway went up just after new years this year january 2nd and fished for the day it was the first time i have payed to fish all day and couldent hang around all day as there where no barra feeding on the pellets left at lunch and came back an hour later in hope the afternoon will fire them up. Not to be first visit i havent caught a fish i was very disappointed and the staff wherent much help eaither.2 of us fishing all day and not one barra even thou there are hundrends in there and cant go anywhere also found a fair few unhelthy barra crusing the top of water collum was a sad sight.My yearly visits have and will stop as the fishing was poor and the staff where no better.

Bron