Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie fishing park - Bli Bli.

Re: Aussie fishing park - Bli Bli.

salt water, and there isnt much sport in it, its mainly just for the first timers like me , unless you want to improve
    on ur barra fishing, but if you wanted to do that, go there in winter and try to improve as its the hardest time to catch em, last time i went in winter it was half price and there was 2 ppl there including me, all that was caught was bream and mullet.

cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

i use to work with a bloke who said he went barra fishing on his holidays. we asked him where he went and he told the story of going to Bli BLI barra park and throwing out hand fulls of fish pellets then putting one on the hook to catch these barra in the ponds. we all laughed . if this is the way you fish these parks , what a waste of money,then on top you have to pay per kilo to keep em. ha what a joke.

yeah i fished there once and it was pellets not fishing !! it was like feedng my pet red devil then putting a hook n his food haha , but in saying that i guess its good for the young ones ! and those of us who carnt get time to go to the barra dams . i have not /will not be back Craig

Yep, i'd be too embarrassed to have a picture taken of myself holding one of them pond donkeys. Let alone put it on Ausfish etc.

The reason we went there was because the young fella doesn't like fishing from a boat, so taking him to awoonga/monduran is out of the question, it was nice and close to where we were anyhow. The look on a kids face is priceless regardless of where the fish was caught.

I remember my first fish, was at staddie and my father actually caught the dart and then put it on my line and let it go for a few seconds and then got me to pull it in. Those are the memories that won't be forgotten.

Brad.

i used to fish the barra park fairly often for something to do when i got stuck on the coast. U get out of it what u put in. i mainly fish with soft plastics there and it is actually really hard to hook one, they are well educated fish. One thing is u have to fish light to attract the strikes (im talking big boys pond here) 8lb is max, 4lb or 6lb is preferable. Its good to hear the park changed hands the other week, hopefully it improves.

Didn't someone post, just the other day, that the park lost about 80% of the barra into the river from the rain we just had?

yeh i think that did happen Plastix . it was posted that they are cathching the escapies in Petrie crk i think it was, pretty sure i read about them losing alot of fish in a local rag aswell so must be true. apparently their going off on red sinking fish pellets.

popped in for a look about today to see what the new ownership is like. Looks to be heading in the right direction, 35 for the day 25 for 3 hrs (i think). no probs with fish stock, heaps caught while i was there. the new management seems to be heaing in the right direction, new fish stock on the way and money being put into the buisness.
    cheers

Well that's great to hear Mick. That place has so much potential but little things always seemed to let it down. The appearance of the place would improve tenfold with just a little tlc, like cleaning up the rubbish, mowing all the really long grass round the back and putting in some decent rod holders. Call those fish whatever name you want, Mick's right, they're bloody smart from being fished at all the time and you have to work hard for your fish still.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Gee for those prices it nearly what its worth to chuck a tank of fuel in the car and boat between two blokes and do Monduran for the day and reap much better rewards, nup wont be heading there anymore.

They could really have a ball with that place run comps every week and do all sorts of things and not charge silly amounts and make it simply catch and release so to keep their cost down in resocking?????
    TT

im stayin away

the guys that used to run it where bums, hopefully its heading it the right direction, if nothing else good day out for the kids

when everyone is saying new managment how new are we talking .how long ago did they take over?

The management has been running it for about a month now, just getting things sorted out. The company is the same that runs the ski park, its a major property/developing group i think. they have seen the potential and have decided to run it themselves for now (the land was on lease to the barra park from the company). And i have never seen it so busy as it has been over the past week or so.