View Poll Results: What fish do you mostly target?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saratoga

2 1.85%
  • Yellowbelly

7 6.48%
  • Barra

39 36.11%
  • Bass

51 47.22%
  • Cod

9 8.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What freshwater fish do you mostly target?

Re: What freshwater fish do you mostly target?

Catfish!!!!

Steve
    Don't you mean Monduran Trout

Catamundi......

I hate them so much.
    Last edited by Steve B; 24-05-2008 at 03:27 PM.

been going to the bush each year since i was a kid to chase yellow belly and cod. Nothing like a hook up in 2ft of water to a very angry yellow on light gear. Not to mention the surrondings, the odd cod ,stars, camp fire, the rum, camp oven stew, nothing like the banks of the condamine. Going next month for 5 days, waters up and river is looking good, so will post a report on return.
    Cheers,
    Chong

Bass is my local regular fish so its the one for my regular fix. The fish I daydream about the most and have enjoyed catching the most is the mighty Awoonga Barra.

Good day,
    trout trout trout trout Atlantics Atlantics Atlantics Atlantics
    Did i forget any?
    Typicaly Tasmanian
    Guys its to bloody hot in Qld for good fresh water species lol
    Have fun
    Cheers Reidy

Quote Originally Posted by reidy View Post
    Guys its to bloody hot in Qld for good fresh water species lol

Couldn't spread the word a bit more for us could ya? It's gettin a bit crowded up here

Quote Originally Posted by davez104 View Post
    Couldn't spread the word a bit more for us could ya? It's gettin a bit crowded up here
    No worries Davez.Will you pass out the thermals and wet weather gear at the air port as they leave the warmer climes.
    Cheers
    Reidy

Most of my freshwater fishing is for wild bass from my canoe. But i also do the rounds at a few impoundments, mainly borumba, lenthals and awoonga. The saratoga at borumba are a great species to go up and target for a weekend but i only end up fishing for them once or twice a year. Barra are great there is no substitute for size but i keep getting attracted to skinny water where ever i fish.

Love me catfish specially cooked under the ambers having cold tinnie on the side of old barcoo/ condime rivers.
    Favourites" catching barra up the Gulf.Murray Cod @ the Seven River GlenInnis NSW.
    Cheers Ged.

BASS for me

I'd have to say barra, then sooties. Loved chasin yellas & togas in my home town, But my favourite dam to fish is Cania; togas, bass and yellas all in the one spot. Sweet . Next fave is Teemburra; barra and sooties, nice and close to home can get there more frequently only 70kms.

Now the weather is cooler I'll mostly be chasing sooties in the Pioneer River, Great fun on light gear and a very worthy advesary (and even closer to home).

Never caught a Murray Cod, oneday.

Cheers Colo.
    Last edited by Colo77; 23-05-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Wink Re: What freshwater fish do you mostly target?

barra will do for me mate...but then again, anything will do as long as its legal.

John

I reckon all of you bass fishers ought to get down on your knees each night and say -"God bless Cheryl Chamberlain and Tony Cox" for the beakthrough they made in breeding Australian bass at their Popran Creek property back in the early sixties. Bass are one of the great survivors that can live in crystal clear water or water the density of tar and still wallop a lure. They are great sportfish but I'll bet you wouldn't swap if you had a stud barra cartwheeling on the end of your line.