View Poll Results: Which is better for light breaming?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shimano Stradic

67 56.78%
  • Daiwa Tierra

51 43.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shimano Stradic OR Daiwa Tierra?

Re: Shimano Stradic OR Daiwa Tierra?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I have both Stradic 1000 for bass, bream, flattie etc, and Tierra 3000 for Jacks and now impoundment barra (handled well). The Tierra packs a fair punch drag wise and looks pretty sexy! The stradic has always been an old faithfull smooth as silk after years of salt/fresh work.

Cant fault either, same quality IMHO, just different brands. you wont be dissapionted either way.
    Steve I'm utterly surprised ....... I thought your car was set on auto pilot from GIN GIN to MONDURAN (I know there are bass in there ..... but bream & flatties too?) Cheers
    Nagg

Dont know about stradic's personally but i have heard some mixed reports about the new one's like a lot of backplay in the wind and quickly becoming rough to wind after a little use and so forth but i havent experienced any of it first hand.
    However i can wholeheartedly recommend the team daiwa tierra i have one and so far its been the best reel ive owned bar none. I owned a daiwa kix before the tierra and had nothing but problems with the kix such as line roller seizing no matter how much i lubed it and after like 30 mins to an hours use it became so sticky in the wind that it was getting close to impossible to wind. But! im sure glad i didnt write daiwa off as a brand due to that one bad experience because i couldnt be happier with the team daiwa tierra its pretty close to perfect in my oppinion and isnt to expensive at 220 to 260 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke mcleod View Post
    Dont know about stradic's personally but i have heard some mixed reports about the new one's like a lot of backplay in the wind and quickly becoming rough to wind after a little use and so forth but i havent experienced any of it first hand.
    However i can wholeheartedly recommend the team daiwa tierra i have one and so far its been the best reel ive owned bar none. I owned a daiwa kix before the tierra and had nothing but problems with the kix such as line roller seizing no matter how much i lubed it and after like 30 mins to an hours use it became so sticky in the wind that it was getting close to impossible to wind. But! im sure glad i didnt write daiwa off as a brand due to that one bad experience because i couldnt be happier with the team daiwa tierra its pretty close to perfect in my oppinion and isnt to expensive at 220 to 260 dollars.
    Sorry to hear Luke.
    Actually the first time I've heard of a kix having trouble,not saying they don't just haven't heard of one before.
    I have a caldia kix 2000 and it's never done any of the the thing you mentioned.
    I have a mate who has a 2500 with 20pnd braid which he has caught a ton of huge aus salmon with and still silky smooth.
    Hope mine stays like new for a long time.

mmm try the diawa steez.. awsome reel...

Quote Originally Posted by haybii View Post
    mmm try the diawa steez.. awsome reel...
    Maybe, but you would expect so for a reel thats more than triple the price of the reels mentioned.

Cheers Chris
    Last edited by bayfisher; 14-01-2008 at 10:15 AM.

NAGG,

yeah the stradic has a bit of dust on it!! I do like to get down to that dredded salty stuff every now then (burnett river has nice flatties, bream and jacks). My father in law has kindly retired to Rileys Hill (half way between Ballina and Evan heads...right on the Richmond river). They get a workout down there too.!!

Sometimes the barra get a bit boring Need a change .!!! Still love my bass fishin too.

cheers steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    NAGG,

yeah the stradic has a bit of dust on it!! I do like to get down to that dredded salty stuff every now then (burnett river has nice flatties, bream and jacks). My father in law has kindly retired to Rileys Hill (half way between Ballina and Evan heads...right on the Richmond river). They get a workout down there too.!!

Sometimes the barra get a bit boring Need a change .!!! Still love my bass fishin too.

cheers steve
    Onya .. Steve
    Yeh .... I'm sure you get bored with those barra on your door step
    Do you chase bass in Monduran .... or elsewhere ?

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Gozz View Post
    Sorry to hear Luke.
    Actually the first time I've heard of a kix having trouble,not saying they don't just haven't heard of one before.
    I have a caldia kix 2000 and it's never done any of the the thing you mentioned.
    I have a mate who has a 2500 with 20pnd braid which he has caught a ton of huge aus salmon with and still silky smooth.
    Hope mine stays like new for a long time.
    Yep man everyone who i ask says the same thing as you. I just got the dud of the bunch unfortunately, im pissed about it too because when it was going for that short time it was so damn smooth and had lots of cranking power.
    But oh well these things do happen.

NAGG,Not on purpose!! sometimes I take the 'light' gear up. I usually have half a dozen casts and say 'stuff it, time to chase barra"!!

I have caught more bass on barra gear than on bass gear, and everytime I use bass gear I hook a barra!!

thats how I know the Teirra 3000 with a 4kg rod can handle barra!....just!!

Sorry to high jack the thread, But while were on topic of what reels, i was thinking the same, bit decided to spend a little more $$.

My question is TWIN POWER 2500 v's ADVANTAGE 2500. Matched i hope with a Loomis, not sure on which one yet either.

PS, i choose the Stradic, but i am unsure now, cause they have SHEILDED bearings not ARB bearings

I would go the Daiwa, but as a few other have said spend a bit more and go the Sol a great real can't fault mine.

Chris

Keechie, while my smaller reels are Twin PowerFB's which are still going strong, I do use a Stradic FI 5000. I can't fault it in any way after a year plus of heavy SP work, Pelagic spinning and a couple of trips last year to Monduran where the spare spool [40lb line] is used for open country work. I would have no hesitation in using Stradics in the 1000 and 2500 size you are looking at.
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

if you spend an extra 100 have a look a a daiwa Luvias, just got a 2500 on a luvias rod and it is awesome, super smooth and the rod is so so light, and they come in 1000 and 2000 sizes as well, basically a lightweight version of the heartland
    "Live Life"

Keechie,have a look at Breamasters { I hope I don't get into trouble for mentioning them]Forum as they have a good section on members selling gear. You may be able to get a good higher end model for the same sort of money that you want to spend

I think he may have brought the reel by now
    "True Blue"