Thread: sinking popper

sinking popper

In my local the other day and saw Bassday sinking crystal poppers, has anyone used these sinking poppers? can someone explain how you would use these.... how to retrieve them
    dan

Re: sinking popper

have seen them but havnt heard much about them, a lot of guys arnt interested. id say the way to work them would be to imitate a prawn, a coupla skips then let it slowly suspend. just my thoughts.

seems as though it would defeat the purpose of being a popper if it sinks......
    maybe you cast let it sink a bit & crank like hell to get it up on top & popping, & keep repeating???!!! no idea, obviously.
    i am interested as well..

There are a few of these on the market nowadays. I know a guy who uses them and swears by them. Deadly on bream from what he says, and he seems to know his stuff.

Land-lubber is on the money. They are designed to imitate a prawn. Cast them out, let them sink, then skip them up off the bottom and retrieve them along the surface like a normal popper, few pauses along the way to let them sink again. The ones I am thinking of have a weight in the tail that helps with casting accuracy and distance. Keen to have a go at them myself.