Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Robbery at my house

Fishing Robbery at my house

Hi all
    Thought i would let every body know that the other night my fishing gear was robbed. I lost 5 rods a large tackle box my sounder screen out of the boat and my ebirb plus the bastards stole my bungs well over $1000 worth of gear gone like last weeks pay as jason kennedy would say... i live 300 metres from the road have 2 intimadateing dogs and yet they still break in. My gears was out on the rocks beside the boat next to my house drying after i cleaned it from a trip to the bay last thursday i went to put it all away a couple days after and i realised it was gone. Please people im letting every 1 know dont leave any gear out no matter how far you are from the road or how protected your property is...

Has this happened to any body before and how have they dealt with meaning is it covered in contents insuarance???

Jpart11

Re: Fishing Robbery at my house

should be covered under house and contents insurance.....as long as you had it in a safe place

that sucks, what area are you in? Like Krazy said, might be covered.

My mate had a 40 hp yamaha outboard stolen off the back of his tinny on the 21st of december .
    His house and contents insurance wouldn't cover it because his boat was not insured , lesson there maybe?
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

My brother in laws place was complete ransacked by some bastards early december. Stole well over $2000-00 worth of fishing gear. ***** even stole baby food for my two neices. Anyway now insurance company being a pain as always and has thus far rejected claim even there are incoives for fishing gear. Good luck with them.

yer thats right hopefully i live arround the springfield area in camira

I hope you gave the dogs a foot in the arse.

- Darren

I woke up one night to a noise on the veranda, thought I was hearing things and tried to nod off again only to see a siloutte in the window. A guy was trying to lift some rods but the line was tangled in a shut window. I open the door real quick and went after him (should of heard him scream!) but the little prick was to fast for me. Dont know what I would have done if I had caught him anyway, but it made me feel better. Since that night I have never left the fishing gear out.

ismail2, what insurance company is rejecting the claim? I am with RACQ and am now going to call them to make sure my gear is covered. A mate of mine was insured through AMP (I think) and he had some gear replaced.

I had gear stolen from verandah of cabin at awoonga and NRMA ended up paying out. Key to the issue was that verandah had a gate in it that had a latch to keep it shut so it was deemed to be a lockable enclosure even though it was nit locked.
    Took a bit of persistance but they ended up paying out. I only had invoices for some spinner baits but they accepted the full claim for the rod and reel and all lures $1200 worth.
    They replaced all the gear rather than a cash payout.
    Mate was with Alliance and they also paid out with reluctance and they made out cheque to local tackle store who quoted on missing gear.
    If you havent reported to police they will not pay out. O found the police from Tannum Sands very helpful. They told me what to say to the insurance.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    I had gear stolen from verandah of cabin at awoonga and NRMA ended up paying out. Key to the issue was that verandah had a gate in it that had a latch to keep it shut so it was deemed to be a lockable enclosure even though it was nit locked.
    Took a bit of persistance but they ended up paying out. I only had invoices for some spinner baits but they accepted the full claim for the rod and reel and all lures $1200 worth.
    They replaced all the gear rather than a cash payout.
    Mate was with Alliance and they also paid out with reluctance and they made out cheque to local tackle store who quoted on missing gear.
    If you havent reported to police they will not pay out. O found the police from Tannum Sands very helpful. They told me what to say to the insurance.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Cheers
    Ray
    Hi Ray, what did the police say about how to handle the claim and jpart11 who is the mob that are not allowing your claim??

cheers fnq

Hows it going guys

Jpart sorry about the gear mate its a shame that decent hard working blokes cant clean and dry gear without fear of having it knocked of.

I want to thank you guys for bringing up the insurance, It actually made me call my insurance provider immediately to make sure I'm covered . The one piece of advice they gave me was to photograph each individual piece of equipment to heap speed up the claims process.

Russ

TheRealAndy the Insurane company which is being a pain is Suncorp. Still battling with them. But then maybe it is just the assesor who is being a complete F****IT. He is just so arrogant and he is insistant we travel to all pawn brokers around the region to try and locate the gear. We have been to three already but still nothing but he still is being a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Hi Ray, what did the police say about how to handle the claim and jpart11 who is the mob that are not allowing your claim??

cheers fnq
    They said to strongly point out that it was a lockable enclosure and dont call it a front patio which I was calling it when I was speaking to police.
    They also advised to be persistant with them as they will probably try to wriggle out of paying out and to threaten going to the insurance ombudsman.
    They do not like claims being escalated to the ombudsman as apparently the ombudsman puts out a yearly report and they hate to be named.
    Cheers
    Ray

sorry to here but suprised about suncorp they are usually very good!

Sorry to hear about your gear and the hassle with the insurance mob Jpart11.

I know you said you have two big dogs, but i still couldn't/ wouldn't be leaving my gear outside for a night or two.

Bloody hard lesson to learn.

Hope you get it sorted and ratchets screaming again soon.

Cheers Scott