Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to get fly gear from?

Where is the best place to get fly gear from?

Hi flyo's

Just got a fly combo for chrissy and was wondering where in brissy is the best tackle shop to get fly's and gear(freshwater). I do a few ABT bass electrics and was going use a bit of fly to change things up.

Any help would be great

thanks

Charles

Re: Where is the best place to get fly gear from?

I know Fishhead at Redland Bay do fly tying nights and sell a bit of fly gear as do tackle warehouse

I like Alpine Angler and Compleat Angler personally.

Jack.

places in the brisbane districted

tackle Warehouse is at Coorooparo/ Camp Hill

thanks captan stabin

Was going to mention Tie N Fly at Point Cartright but you mentioned Brisbane only, not the sunshine coast. But if you do want really good advice from a guy how is a FFF qualified casting instructor, then Gavans your man.
    Bill

Talk to the guys at Fishhead - Victoria Point, as they are clued up and have a good range of gear and probably best range of tieing materials in Bne area.

Can contact Duncan on: duncan@fishhead.com.au or 32067999
    Good luck

NC

yeah give Duncan a yell at Fishhead.

Great guys and know their stuff, they have heaps of fly gear and sell all the tie your own stuff too.
    Cheers,

Ben

Guys at Fish Head may know their stuff however, I took my brother in law (kiwi) and mad keen fly fisherman down their 2 weeks ago. All he wanted to buy was some fly hooks but could not get the time of day. Tried 3 times to ask a question but was fogged off. Guys were to busy putting together a big sale fo a potential customer.

Biggest laugh - the customer did not buy anything and I put my brother in law on the plane yesterday with a new $1000 sage rod - Thanks Andy at The Tackle Warehouse.

Hi Charles,
    I have been fly fishing for a short time , 2 years. During that time I have walked through the doors of many tackle stores in search of the good oil to help my flyfishing experence. One store that stands out in my mind, is the crew of Duncan, Janelle and Gordon at Fishhead, now at Victoria Point. Not only do they carry a wide range of flyfishing equipment, they further underpin there sales with fly casting,tying and information evenings presented by topshelf guest speakers.
    Gordon is an internationaly qualified fly casting instructor and accomplished fly tier. In my opion, fishhead is a valuable one stop shopping experience for the fly fisherman, both as a newby or oldhand wand waver. The people at fishhead have been value added in making my flyfishing experience an enjoyable one. I have also joined the Southeast Qld Flyfishers and have been having a ball fishing with the club, and attending their meeetings and information evenings.

Jeff C

cheers bassbuster

Last time I went there Jones Tackle had a fair amount of Fly Gear.
    Ta
    Matt

Jones bait and tackle is doing a fly tying course starting this tuesday (22nd Jan 08). I think it runs for about 6 weeks. I forget what it costs.

Jones also does a 2 day fly fishing coures every few months.