• Shimano Cronarch 100B

5 8.62%
  • Pflueger President

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bass Baitcaster

Re: Bass Baitcaster

Throw my 2 bob in - TDZ103. Designed for Bass but I've had drag upgraded and use it in Monduran. Every now and then the instant anti-reverse bearing fails but that's the sacrifice when fishing 4kgs+ drag consistently - in saying this, it's super light and can be palmed by even the smallest hands and most importantly (for me anyway) and can be fished all day/night for a week or 2. I struggle with most barrell shaped baitcastors after a day or 2.

Nice collection Hardb8 - what's your address

Hi Black Sheep,

Nice collection Hardb8 - what's your address
    That's a little under half of my Bass reel collection,Got a few more in the vault.

Ya can find me at :- 16 .............. Street ............. 4.2. Q.L.D.

Regards. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Hehehe - I'm working on a process of elimination. I know you fish NPD so I'm guessing you somewhere in the Strathpine area Hardb8. I thought Wheezer was bad with his all Jap collection but haven't even seen some of the hardwear you displaying - nice to know that there are a few tackle rats out there worse then me.

Keep it up mate, some of those will be collectors items one day if not already.

Don't suppose you have a cheap Bay Casting Special

Hi Sheep,
    [quote][Don't suppose you have a cheap Bay Casting Special /QUOTE]

I do have one,But it's my Jack reel.It's a custom one of a kind ,And I can't part with it.

I do however have a mint in box Bay Area Special 100 for sale if ya intrested?

Regards. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

I have a Fuego but still can't cast it properly. Only had it a few months. Mainly use it jigging/dropshotting for bass.
    Wayne D

---------------------------------------------------
    Hobie Revolution

Ive got a current model 101D Curado which is similar to a Sol and find it very nice to use - casting down to about 3 grams at the mom using thin mono but would like to think i could go lower on braid.
    Would like to try b4 i buy a Daiwa Pixy or Alphas to see if they are much better in their finesse casting ability. Speaking to a guy at local tackle store and he says the Daiwas will outcast the Shimanos with their magforce antibacklash system over the Shimanos VBS centrifugal setup

Interesting comments guys .... Thanks for those pics
    The choice is so hard ..... specially since I only intend to buy 1 reel because of the minimal use ..... Added to the problem is the desire to go a lightweight which will further limit the use to basically freshwater bassin!

Currently I'm looking at the Shimano Metanium Mg7 ( Imported out of Japan)... Daiwa man ... going to the dark side )......Tackletour did a great review of the new Shimano Core & compared the JDMs of the Metanium & Metanium Mg7 ....... with all reels praised but some additional positive comments about the Mg7 ... ie drag 5kgs Vs 4kgs ,,,,, 8+1 bearings Vs 4+1( Mg7 Vs Core)!

This will all change if I can grab a Daiwa Presso ( similar specs to the Mg7... but lighter ..+ will handle lighter lures than the Pixy) .... At the right price or I'm following up a lead on a fantastic price for a Steez Nagg
    Last edited by NAGG; 05-01-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Question Re: Bass Baitcaster

Hi All ..... Thanks for all the replies In the end I went with a Steez

Now as it turns out .... I may have inadvertently scored another Steez ...... so my question is

HOW WOULD A STEEZ GO at IMPOUNDMENT BARRA ??? or will it not handle it Nagg

Just put a set of Erskine drag washers in it Wont be a problem

I use an old Shimano Bantam 2000 ULS Ultralight special. The old man paid ten bucks for it at a garage sale and gave it to me ( thought it would be something I could use ) It's ugly and scratched now after me casting the absolute hell out of it every weekend and travelling out to the river in the back of a ute, it has no infinate anti reverse or anything like that.
    Still great to use though, it casts all of my vibe lures and spinners easily but has a bit of trouble with smaller plastics.
    It will be retiring on my birthday to be replaced by an Alphas I think.( which won't be going in the back of the ute )

But the old reel does catch very attractive fish...that has to count for something, right ?

Doesn't anyone use a Calcutta?
    I have a 50 and a 200 that chuck a lure nicely and double as nice Barra, Jack outfits as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Getout View Post
    Doesn't anyone use a Calcutta?
    I have a 50 and a 200 that chuck a lure nicely and double as nice Barra, Jack outfits as well.
    I think they would be considered too heavy ..... but they do make nice barra / jack reels
    I'm even bordering on unsuitable my Cronarch SF(wiffle spool) ...... Hence the poll
    Nagg