• Shimano Cronarch 100B

5 8.62%
  • Pflueger President

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bass Baitcaster

Re: Bass Baitcaster

After using my Daiwa Pixy all my other reels feel like bricks.
    You should get some good deals on them to. Year of the model is on the side of the reel in tiny print and the yellow ones are 2004 models so try and use that to your ad for a better deal.
    Mike.
    Last edited by Mike Delisser; 27-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hi Feral ..... What model Pflueger do you have ?
    Nagg

Trion 46 - left handed.

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    After using my Daiwa Pixy all my other reels feel like bricks.
    You should get some good deals on them to. Year of the model is on the side of the reel in tiny print and the yellow ones are 2004 models so try and use that to your ad for a better deal.
    Mike.
    Hi Mike ...... In the JDMs there is a reel called the Presso ..... Its lighter & can cast smaller/lighter lures than the Pixy. Its a freshwater reel only .... but thats not an issue. Its a nice reel Nagg

Thanks Nagg is "the JDMs" = the Japanese domestic market?

Quote Originally Posted by MitchCalcutt View Post
    I use a Browning Baitcaster i got from the USA. Smoth as silk with 7.1 to 1 ratio. makes fishing with it a pleasure.
    Mitch
    Hi Mitch, if your talking about the Browning Fishing Medallion GT 7.1 to 1 Baitcaster I wouldn't put it in the catigory of lightweight bass reels, at 9.2 oz it's almost twice the weight of a Cron MG 50 or a Pixy. I use my Medallion as a back up small barra reel as I think the 7.1 to 1 ratio is much too fast for bass, I prefer bass reels with a ratio below 6 to 1.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by Mike Delisser; 28-12-2007 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    Thanks Nagg is "the JDMs" = the Japanese domestic market?

Hi Mitch, if your talking about the Browning Fishing Medallion GT 7.1 to 1 Baitcaster I wouldn't put it in the catigory of lightweight bass reels, at 9.2 oz it's almost twice the weight of a Cron MG 50 or a Pixy. I use my Medallion as a back up small barra reel as I think the 7.1 to 1 ratio is much too fast for bass, I prefer bass reels with a ratio below 6 to 1.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Hi Mike ...... I thought the M in JDM meant Model??? .... either way the range is much better & some of the tricked up versions are mind blowing......... Its all good Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Hardb8 View Post
    Hi Nagg,
    If your a Daiwa fan,And into low profiles,The Steez will be pretty hard to top.
    But there are other awesome reels in their stable to choose from like :-

TD-ito 103M (See below),Pixy,TD-Z Type R+,And if ya can find one the TD-Z A.O.I.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For round profiles be sure to check out :-

Monoblock 100XR,And the 103 I'ze Light.

Cheers. B8.

Your like a pimp and a pusher Hardb8

watch out he'll get you addicted to the incredible world of SUPER high end Jap tackle where the ultimate in function meets beauty and style as only the Japanese can do. From there you just can't go back. I have Hardb8 to thank for my new addiction to Megabass Destroyer rods.............. bastard

Quote Originally Posted by flairj View Post

watch out he'll get you addicted to the incredible world of SUPER high end Jap tackle where the ultimate in function meets beauty and style as only the Japanese can do. From there you just can't go back. I have Hardb8 to thank for my new addiction to Megabass Destroyer rods.............. bastard

Not too hard to get addicted to JDMs ........ The trouble is that there might be just a little too much bling for me ( I only wear a watch .... no rings, bracelets or chains ) ...... but some of the less ostentatious gear is great) ....
    I'm yet to venture down the path of Japanese rods ...... I like to feel the rod before I buy one + if possible have the reel on it too! ....... but no doubt some of the stuff would be awesome
    Nagg

Sorry about the late reply Nagg.

The conquest 50 is the JDM version of a calcutta 50. I have no trouble casting ck407 etc on a nitro crankbait and 10lb fins. With a lighter rod you would be able to cast lighter. The two big factors for me with this reel is 1. It is extremely smooth in all its functions and 2. It work consistently everytime. It also doesn't have any magnesium in it so it is ok to use in saltwater aslong as it is given a good wash in fresh and serviced regularly (like every other reel should be). It is also quite small so fits comfortably in hand and is plenty light enough to cast all day. Round baitcasters just look cooler on a rod aswell

Hope that helped in some way

Cheers

Turley

Hmmm you bassers are such a discerning lot I'm surprised that reels that I thought would typically be in a bassers armoury have been ignored in favour of imported JDM models & exotics like the Steez ...... Keep em comin!
    Nagg
    PS .... a little surprised that some are using drum reels as opposed to low profiles

P.S. Conquest 50 is lower profile than some "low profile" baitcasters.

im difenetly a chronarch 50mg fan. Lightweight, smooth and a delight to use.

Got three Pixy, Ito, and tdz

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Trion 46 - left handed.

i just got a 46 and a 56 trion are they any goood

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Got three Pixy, Ito, and tdz
    Ya gotta luv that clear side plate of the Ito ( a bit of a collectors piece!) ....... Thanks for the pics Awoonga Nagg

watch out he'll get you addicted to the incredible world of SUPER high end Jap tackle where the ultimate in function meets beauty and style as only the Japanese can do. From there you just can't go back.

Hi Flairj,
    Sorry m8,Hope ya bank account is still O.K.? Your above words closely describe my thoughts aswell.

There are some wicked pieces of engineering/Artwork out there.And it's great to see that companys like Daiwa,Megabass,Ito Engineering,And the I'ze Factory come together occassionally,To offer limited edition reels for those who just want something a little different to fish with,Or for their collections.

I find it very refreshing to have more of a choice than what the local importers say you can have.........Indeed,There is NO going back........

I think it's great to not only have tackle that is pushing the envelope performance wise.But adding beautiful aestetics as well,Heightens even more so,My fishing pleasures.

Not only are Destroyers awsome to behold.They are awsome to fish (Which is my primary concern).Other Japanese companys like :- Evergreen and Gan Craft also make some truely mind blowing rods.Can't wait for my next shipment to arrive.I'll post some pics soon.

I especially like how ya finish off the below line.LOL.

I have Hardb8 to thank for my new addiction to Megabass Destroyer rods.............. bastard

What rods are ya fishin m8?

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.