• Pflueger President

3 5.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bass Baitcaster

Re: Bass Baitcaster

Hi Nagg,
    A Ito Alphas is to die for!
    The Alphas Ito Ai is a sweet ride,I've had one for around 8 months now,And it is a nice Bass reel.The others I mention are a little lighter though.I'll be using the Ai for more of a lighter Barra reel from now on.It feels solid and sturdy.

Mine has been modifyed with :- A Bassart carbon handle,Erskine's Carbontex washer kit,ZPI SIC spool bearings,And a Daiwa factory natural finish timber knob kit added.I consider the drag to be as mentioned above,Well and truely capable of light barra fishing.It'd make arund 6-7kg at a conservative guess.Also with the addition of the handle and knobs,It is now a 10 bearing reel,11 with the roller.The looks seem to grow on ya more and more as time goes on,Very trick indeed.

The monoblock ... Isn't that a bit big to consider as a bass reel ???
    The Block is a deceptively small piece of hardware.It looks big in all the shots you see on the net,But in fact it's the same size as other Daiwa 103 sized reels,But lighter.Mine tipped my scales at 196 gs.The same as my I'ze Light.To compare it to other reels it's a (Tiny) bit bigger than the Calcutta 50 in overall size.

Mine has not seen any action yet,As I haven't had time to add a washer kit.So many reels and so little time.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

The Block is a deceptively small piece of hardware.It looks big in all the shots you see on the net,But in fact it's the same size as other Daiwa 103 sized reels,But lighter.Mine tipped my scales at 196 gs.The same as my I'ze Light.To compare it to other reels it's a (Tiny) bit bigger than the Calcutta 50 in overall size.
    Hey b8 ..... Thats some sort of reel to have in your collection! ..... A Magnificent looking reel .... with a price tag to boot:tongue: So it is smaller that it appears hey ?
    I thought it might have been like a 200
    ..... Out of curiosity what use did you buy it for ?

If I get down to some Ito's or I'zes as a final choice , I'll give you a hoy .... since you seem more than up to speed with the JDMs
    Cheers
    Nagg

Hey Nagg,
    Out of curiosity what use did you buy it for ?
    Bought the Block for a dedicated topwater Bass reel,It is to go on a Megabass Pagani "Meigeki" which is being made for me in Japan as we speak.Can't wait .

If I get down to some Ito's or I'zes as a final choice , I'll give you a hoy .... since you seem more than up to speed with the JDMs
    I'm a JDM junkie,Collect and fish em.The TD-ito in the pic is also mine,SWEEEEET reel,And the jewel in the crown so to speak. .If there's anything I may be able to help with,It'll be my pleasure to do so.

The Block is way smaller than a 200.I'll post some pics tonight for ya to compare it to other reels.

B8.
    Last edited by Hardb8; 26-12-2007 at 12:20 PM.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

If it's an I'ZE light or a Pixy your after you better be quick,prety sure it's existing stocks only (warehouse empty) in OZ.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    If it's an I'ZE light or a Pixy your after you better be quick,prety sure it's existing stocks only (warehouse empty) in OZ.
    Thankx Banshee ..... I'll more than likely buy my reel ( whatever it is) overseas .... Japan & save some cash
    Nagg

I have a Shimano Metanium XT that I like very much.

Chris

I use a Browning Baitcaster i got from the USA. Smoth as silk with 7.1 to 1 ratio. makes fishing with it a pleasure.
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by fishytales View Post
    I have a Shimano Metanium XT that I like very much.

Chris
    Hi Chris ..... Yeh the Metanium looks pretty good !
    Nagg

Here ya go Nagg,
    A few shots of the Monoblock aside a couple other reels for ya ta make a bit of a comparison.It is quite small as you can see,Even next to the low pro Steez and the Ito Ai.Not really that much heavier either.

Playing with it straight outa the box,It is extremely smooth and refined.Can't with ta trick her up a bit,And get her on the water.

Sorry the pics aren't crash hot,I'm in a bit of a hurry prepairin for a week at Borumba,It'll be a full blown Toga on topwaters assualt.Leavin tommorrow lunch time .

I hope they give ya some idea of the size though.

Check the I'ze carbon crank on tha Steez.... ...

Regards. B8.
    Last edited by Hardb8; 26-12-2007 at 10:58 PM.

I like my old faithfull,

An ABU 2500C with a choice of 2 spools. One with 4kg superbraid and the other with 12lbs bionic braid.

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by Hardb8 View Post
    Here ya go Nagg,
    A few shots of the Monoblock aside a couple other reels for ya ta make a bit of a comparison.It is quite small as you can see,Even next to the low pro Steez and the Ito Ai.Not really that much heavier either.

Playing with it straight outa the box,It is extremely smooth and refined.Can't with ta trick her up a bit,And get her on the water.

Sorry the pics aren't crash hot,I'm in a bit of a hurry prepairin for a week at Borumba,It'll be a full blown Toga on topwaters assualt.Leavin tommorrow lunch time .

I hope they give ya some idea of the size though.

Check the I'ze carbon crank on tha Steez.... ...

Regards. B8.
    B8 .... That is just a lovely collection of Daiwa (Ito's & I'zes)
    I was going to ask you how the Mono casts (till I noticed no line) ... so I guess you haven't cast her.
    Yes that mono is pretty small ..... I'm not sure about alloy handles though!
    Thanks for taking the time to post the pics
    Nagg

Got a Dam spooled with 20lb spiderwire for dams where there are Barra in amongst the Bass, for normal bass only dams, got a pflueger spooled with 6lb vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Got a Dam spooled with 20lb spiderwire for dams where there are Barra in amongst the Bass, for normal bass only dams, got a pflueger spooled with 6lb vanish.
    Hi Feral ..... What model Pflueger do you have ?
    Nagg

Diawa millionaire CZ103, so smooth and use it for flatties, bream etc, never faulted. Cant speak highly enough of it....

Go the Pixy, I'm going to start pimping mine out now.