Thread: Live bait at 1770

Live bait at 1770

Looking forward to heading to 1770 for a few days from boxing day. I'll be dropping in to Tony's place to pick up the frozen stuff.

Does anyone know some bait grounds where I can jig live bait close to the estuary? I've got a few marks, that despite being up there twice last year I never got to because of the weather. Also if anyone has any "starter" marks like the Cetaca (sp?) wreck that everyone knows about (except apprently me), that would be great. No spot X's, you undertsand, I just don't know the area very well at all.

All help appreciated.

Good luck,
    Mike

Re: Live bait at 1770

Mike,

Tony shares these marks with Ausfishers that use his services.

Call in and let him know who you are, you will get looked after.

- Darren

as mr bean said, he gave me a photocopied sheet of all the bait grounds and larger reef system gps marks, the bait is only around 5 miles out from memory. dont be scared to put a livvy back down when ya jigging them up. have seen some monsters caught in close!

enjoy

lippa

I am up there for the first time family and 5m tinne on the 6/1 to 12/1 can't wait
    will stay close around Round hill head and creek if weather is ife cheers
    PS:I was told to sound around for bait and the macks should running
    ONE THATS IN PRO WOULD BE GOOD
    Last edited by reelchippy; 24-12-2007 at 09:50 PM.

All I can say is with the Cetaca wreck, dont do what we did at the last M&g at Agnes, it was all the boys solidly hooked up to the wreck.. classic, drifting over the mark all that was heard was @****@... @****@ etc one by one as we where drifting over it, snagged like rolling pins, well our excuse was our sounder wasnt working at the time.. Lucky Phil later said that drifting a bit off it was the go so for Cobs etc maybe a hint, bring on next year !

PS bait grounds arent too far out but a lot of guys caught some nice fish not far out off the headland trolling around ( still waiting for Blaze to change his photo) , I reckon read the Agnes M&G threads, lots of info there.. Amazing place to fish if the weather holds

Mike
    Tangles KFC

Thanks for the info guys, I'll definitely drop in on Tony.

Good luck,
    Mike