Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Being Ripped Off

There was a bloke on Ebay trading as QldGps.
    I bid on a Northstar 550 Gps and won it.
    I transferred my money to him by internet a month ago and guess what, That's right no bloody gps.
    I have done the contact ebay thing and the last reort i have is the qld police fraud squad.
    Before i do this i am wondering if anybody on ausfish knows of this bloke and could put me in his direction.
    I know his name and mobile but that dosn't help at this stage.
    All i want is the gps or my money back.
    I want to knock on his front door.
    Graeme

Re: Being Ripped Off

Report the mongerel, I thought Ebay had "some" security for this sort of thing???

Muzz

When buying on e-bay first check the feedback. Couple of negatives means little if they have feedback in the thousands but when you constantly see feedback reading that the postage is slow you look a bit closer. As looking at this guy he is a go between he does not have these items. Once won and paid for he forwards the description of item you won and your address off to a warehouse and they then take it from there and post it out. They can be doing this for hundreds of sellers and he could be getting his items from 10 or 20 different places. Looks a bit strange he deregistered even with such feedback and a huge turnover. Anyway since your item looks to have been from the USA ( I read through his feedback closer ) there is a very little chance it could be still in the mail system just slow because of Xmas backlog or taking a tour of a country or Oz for a while. It is a slim chance. Other than that he looks to have deregistered around 30 oct since thats the last feedback for him. So is it 1 month or close to 2 months now?
    Rule to follow with e-bay is anything over 50 register it that includes insurance up to $100. Anything over $150 take extra insurance its only a small amount.

Hi Graeme, i do believe that the dodgy dealer also traded on ebay about 12 months ago as wholesale marine or something similar until he ripped too many people off and shut up shop just as he has now.
    Aus post kept losing everything he sent
    He advertized his gear as local, but after he has your money he then orders your gear from the US blaming the post for the delays
    So let me guess - his name is Garry?

you should pay via paypal for protection. if the seller doesn't offer it, don't buy from them

I seem to recollect that this guy was trading out of Deception Bay from his home if my memory serves me correctly. I missed out on a Garmin 172C he had listed and sent him an email and he replied that i could pick up from his place at Deception Bay if I won the item.

The name QLDGps rings a bell. Unfortunately I have no emails remaining from him.

Jack.

Thats a sum of money, go the fraud squad.

Do a google search. I found him quite easily. Looks ok to me. has a 99.6% rating on ebay.

I'm sure you could find more details.

Brad

Seller has deregistered after only 6 months and did not offer buyer protection.
    Fraud squad would be my approach ASAP

Regards
    seabug

I don't know him but I'm getting closer to finding him. I'm in the same boat. I won a Northstar on the 29th of Nov and still haven't got it. The last email I got from Mr David John of Qld GPS was a week after he was dergistered from eBay. On the 11th of Dec he said that he had recived my money and would send the GPS. I have emailed him plenty of times since then but still have had no reply. eBay would not release any of his details to me and advised that I contact the police. I have found a PO box address for him in QLD so I've now sent off a letter. If I have any luck I will post it here.
    Fairstar....
    Last edited by fairstar; 04-01-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: more Info

Do not buy off the internet unless it offers paypal protection. Unless the seller is obviously got a great record over a few years.

If you don't understand the ratings etc. Do not purchase unless it's a paypal transaction.

Stick by that rule and you should be ok.

I have been making quite a few inquiries into this and it appears that he has been and is still quite a scam.
    He has and still is trading under
    (1)Qld gps
    (2)Qld gps discount marine world
    (3)Discount marine world australia
    I have a phone no for him which goes to his son and he hangs up when he knows it is someone other than family or friends.
    I have his name Garry John BEATTIE and he lives at Bundaberg Qld, and i know his address.
    I know that not only a couple of us on ausfish have been touched but people off shore from us are chasing him as well.
    I am waiting for a detective from bundaberg to come back to work from on monday the 7th jan and i will be talking to him as he has had previous dealings with this beattie.
    I will post and let you all know who are chasing him what the detective advises.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    I have been making quite a few inquiries into this and it appears that he has been and is still quite a scam.
    He has and still is trading under
    (1)Qld gps
    (2)Qld gps discount marine world
    (3)Discount marine world australia
    I have a phone no for him which goes to his son and he hangs up when he knows it is someone other than family or friends.
    I have his name Garry John BEATTIE and he lives at Bundaberg Qld, and i know his address.
    I know that not only a couple of us on ausfish have been touched but people off shore from us are chasing him as well.
    I am waiting for a detective from bundaberg to come back to work from on monday the 7th jan and i will be talking to him as he has had previous dealings with this beattie.
    I will post and let you all know who are chasing him what the detective advises.
    Graeme
    yep , dealt with the same guy 18 months ago and the same story usa mail delivery problems . after a lot of calls which were hung up on by his family i made it quite clear i was driving to bundy to collect my money and then some and he returned the lot .
    very interesting to hear he was doing it to others .

what is bullshit is ebay and there response to pricks like this , ebay should be held liable as well .

mark

check your pm gawby

Rightyo, I'll collect all your debts for half...