Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

What Flattieassassin and Miko1 said.

Recently got dudded on Ebay - bid for some gear, guy said all sold out, but I could use the funds to purchase other goods in store.

Nothing else I wanted, he then failed to respond to emails - contacted Paypal, and had my money back in 20 days.

Lesson - only pay using Paypal - if they don't accept Paypal, try elsewhere.

Dave.

Well what do you know,
    While i was away Gary BEATTIE makes a phone call to
    my house and speaks to my wife.
    He inquirers if i have recieved the GPS which i told him i
    had by email previously.
    He says that he is sorry about the delay as he had hurt his
    foot and so on but i think it's not hard to conduct business
    at a computor key board.
    He advises my wife that if i want anything else to email him
    and he will supply me the goods.?????????????????????
    The following day i recieve a phone call from Detective WIGGANS
    from Bundaberg Police to check on if i recieved the GPS.
    I told him it took 11 weeks to recieve it and it was what i had
    won on ebay.
    I also told how canny it was to recieve a phone call from
    BEATTIE the previous day and now talking to him.
    Det. WIGGANS tells me he had been to see BEATTIE about
    his dealings and suspected that things would be rolling from
    now on.
    I also now know that the door i knocked on at Bundaberg was
    very close to being the right place. Seems it was a business
    friend.
    Just a note, be carefull if you do a telstra search on BEATTIE at Bundaberg
    because there is another Gary BEATTIE who lives there and he is no way connected to Qld GPS no is he related. This is an elderly gentleman
    and his wife who informed me that have received threatening
    phone calls and letters about this bloke.
    I would suggest if you still have any problems to contact Dect.
    WIGGANS and see how you go.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by levinge View Post
    Same as buying a new boat Noelm. Most cases you order your boat and Yep it gets built. I have had over 150 purchases through ebay and to date have never had a problem with the system. I think it seems to run from the big ticket items, thats where it seems to get a bit dodgy with Scammers etc.

Reelcrazy had the right idea, use your credit card, at least you have some protections and then Paypal is the one left holding the ball, if they don't get their bit, then they will surely go after the Seller to recoup the dollars.

Like all on-line purchasing systems it really comes down to "Buyer Beware"

Another way to ensure you get the goods is to insist on "Cash on Delivery". If the seller is legitimate and they want the sale, they will in most cases comply with your request. After all if they are in a position to be selling high price items they should have the credence with the sources to allow for COD.

Glad the local police have caught up with him. Seems like they are a bit soft though??

Interesting EBAY is going to force people to use it's rip off pay pal system that really doesn't have any guarantees. Look like COD and pick up on EBAY from nopw on unless you for some reason trust the buyer or seller.

Because you are a valued seller we'd like to let you know about some changes to eBay.com.au that are going to make our marketplace an even safer place for you to buy and sell.
    These changes will be introduced in two stages:

From 21 May you must offer PayPal on all your listings as well as currently permitted payment methods. From 17 June you will only be able to offer PayPal on your listings and pay on pick up (i.e.paid for when picking up the item).
    Pay on pick up can only be offered in conjunction with PayPal. No other payment methods will be permitted.
    A small number of exclusions will apply to these changes.
    Get the lowdown on how these changes will

Hey everyone I have a personal meeting with Simon smith and the head of Ebays security department on the 7th. I've got a list of over 60 different ebay user names Garry Beattie has used in the last year(What an effort to he puts in to rip people off) anyone who wants to contribute any imformation feel free to contact me and I'll add it to my collection. It's going to be very interesting to sit down face to face with ebay and see if they actually are going to do something about this ballbag. I know for a fact Garry Beattie keeps a close eye on this thread so up your Garry its only a matter of time. =)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_boats View Post
    Hey everyone I have a personal meeting with Simon smith and the head of Ebays security department on the 7th. I've got a list of over 60 different ebay user names Garry Beattie has used in the last year(What an effort to he puts in to rip people off) anyone who wants to contribute any imformation feel free to contact me and I'll add it to my collection. It's going to be very interesting to sit down face to face with ebay and see if they actually are going to do something about this ballbag. I know for a fact Garry Beattie keeps a close eye on this thread so up your Garry its only a matter of time. =)
    my bet is ebay do nothing , they dont like this sort of publicity and would rather ignore it and brush under the carpet , oztion had the same attitude .

buyer beware with online auctions ........................................

Well bugger me. I've been working away and when I got home my fishfinder was there to greet me.

It took six months, numerous very direct emails and phone calls. Two discussions with detectives in Bundaberg and a chat with the Fair Trading Commission, but it's here now.

There is no two ways about it, Gary Beattie is a scub bag. If he still owes you - turn up the heat and don't roll over.

Any more news on this bloke lately??? Charges perhaps???

Here's the latest news on this guy. Finally so many people complained about him to ebay they limited his trade and good old Garry Beatie could only list a certain amount of items and his feedback was really really bad.
    So in typical Garry form he's opened up a new ebay acount name and starting from scratch. his new ebay id is: dmw_online2008 make sure everyone steers clear of this one.

Hey I've got an idea. Everyone should give this guy a taste of his own medicine and create fake ebay names and bid on all his items. That would be a massive pain to him. Also he'd get charge commission and when he disputes it with ebay just say you sent a money order as payment so he still gets charged.
    I've already alerted Alister Macgibbon head of security about his new name. GOOD LUCK GARRY

That was quick DMW ONLINE2008 is no longer a registered user either he read this and cancelled or Ebay are finally getting off their collective arsesand doing something about it promptly for a change

Quote Originally Posted by stingau View Post
    That was quick DMW ONLINE2008 is no longer a registered user either he read this and cancelled or Ebay are finally getting off their collective arsesand doing something about it promptly for a change
    That has only just happened, as he was still active when mr_boats first posted the link to his profile earlier.

Cheers

Dave

I did read a few months back the police had prosecuted a bunch of ebay fraudsters. Was wondering if mr beattie was on the list.

kind of amusing the advertising for this thread hey , i dont think it is the time to say how safe trading online is

ud think ebay would just ban his ip address
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    ud think ebay would just ban his ip address

A lowlife like him probably wouldnt pay his internet bills so he will change ISP's and address as quickly as I change me undies when i wear any that is