Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

what a dog, Ive been following this thread from the start and I will repeat, this bloke is a DOG

Anyone see a pattern,

Advertise on an auction site, wait till the sale is made, order the goods from yankistan, no capital outlay as it has already been paid for plus profit, money in the bank any wich way it goes.

Not exactly how its supposed to work.

Regards
    Honda.

Garry Beattie PAYPAL

Garry claims pay pal repaid me he is full of lies
    Here is the result of my claim from pay pal
    They found in my favour but there was no money in his account

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
    Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
    funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
    recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
    question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
    and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
    include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
    account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
    member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
    we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
    our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

-----------------------------------
    Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 16 Dec 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$1,102.00 AUD
    Invoice ID: 75
    Your Transaction ID: 2MG76599UN131720S
    Seller’s Transaction ID: 36M48077P7604784P
    Case Number: PP-403-445-321
    Seller's Name: David John
    Seller's Email: payment@qldgps.com

NOTE THE SELLERS NAME IS DAVID JOHN
    He keeps changing his name
    OBVIOUS FRAUD IN MANY WAYS

ReelCrazy2

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Anyone see a pattern,

Advertise on an auction site, wait till the sale is made, order the goods from yankistan, no capital outlay as it has already been paid for plus profit, money in the bank any wich way it goes.

Not exactly how its supposed to work.

Regards
    Honda.
    I am sure a lot of these sort of people operate this way, while not exactly the way to do it, if this is the way he operates, most goods arrive within 5-10 days. So what's his excuse for such long delays?? unless he intends being less than honest...

In hindsight, if this is what he is doing he is a total fool. As he obviously sells a fair bit of stuff, look how many from this site alone. If he did the right thing & had shipped direct from the states to the customer, he has a profitable business with minimum outlay & few complaints...
    Last edited by DR; 20-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.

you guys should go to a current affair.. this seams really big and no one has come back to report what the police are doing in this matter.

that will really shake the bees nest

Quote Originally Posted by ReelCrazy2 View Post
    Garry Beattie PAYPAL

Garry claims pay pal repaid me he is full of lies
    Here is the result of my claim from pay pal
    They found in my favour but there was no money in his account

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
    Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favour, however, we were unable to recover any
    funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement,
    recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
    question if they become available in the seller's account in the future,
    and will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may
    include issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the
    account. Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors, including
    member complaints, to determine when to take action. Due to privacy laws,
    we cannot discuss the details of any action taken. We hope you understand
    our policy and that it reassures you that you are safe using PayPal.

Transaction Details

Transaction Date: 16 Dec 2007
    Transaction Amount: -$1,102.00 AUD
    Invoice ID: 75
    Your Transaction ID: 2MG76599UN131720S
    Seller’s Transaction ID: 36M48077P7604784P
    Case Number: PP-403-445-321
    Seller's Name: David John
    Seller's Email: payment@qldgps.com

NOTE THE SELLERS NAME IS DAVID JOHN
    He keeps changing his name
    OBVIOUS FRAUD IN MANY WAYS

ReelCrazy2
    that really high lights just how piss poor paypal is and it really pushes home the fact that you have absolutely no security with paypal and any of the online auctions that have been mentioned before . try and get a phone number to call to any of the above with a complaint , they all hide behind email and also as a point to verify your account with paypal you need to supply your bank account number , so who in there right mind would trust a organization like that condsidering how they have dealt with qldgps .

you should hear some talks on internet security and some of the experts opinions on just how secure these companies actually are . there is a old saying " trust no one "

Mr Beattie strikes again!!!!

It ticks me off that he is at it again, but it doesn't surprise me. He seems to be in this cycle of selling on online auctions for a couple of months, and then buggering off after a few months. He needs to be shut down ASAP.

RC2 ..... GO TO THE POLICE! Report his sorry arse ASAP!

Jo

i noticed that only 1 or 2 weeks ago he was selling heaps on Oztion.com, now he has just dissapeared.

anybody catch the story on Channel 7 Today Tonight about Ebay and Paypal's dispute resolution or the lack of it in protecting buyers from dodgy traders. At the end they asked for anyone who has had a bad experience with this issue to contact them. Anyone who has had problems with "you know who" should now contact Today Tonight and maybe, just maybe they might get the right buttons pushed. Good Luck and Hope all get their gear or at least their dollars back.

As many have quoted, Karma will catch up with "you know who"
    Fillet and Release Squad

Finally a Refund

After no result with PayPal I lodged a dispute with my credit card provider and they have reversed the payment to PayPal. So I presume PayPal will now be chasing Garry Beattie or whover the David John name he used.
    It shows that you have some protection with a credit card . I am glad I did not use a direct debit to his account.
    It is sad one person can ruin it for the many legitmate sellers out there

ReelCrazy2

I stand by my original post yonks ago, "forget Ebay" it is only (mostly) for people to unload crap they do not want the buyer to actually see before the sale, OR scam merchants, and on the issue of getting Money, then ordering the goods, has anyone bought any major furntiure items lately?? the stuff on display in the big Department stores, is only display, after the sale, the goods are then ordered by the Retailer and delivered to your house (at a cost of course) so is that any different than this Ebay scammer???

Same as buying a new boat Noelm. Most cases you order your boat and Yep it gets built. I have had over 150 purchases through ebay and to date have never had a problem with the system. I think it seems to run from the big ticket items, thats where it seems to get a bit dodgy with Scammers etc.

Reelcrazy had the right idea, use your credit card, at least you have some protections and then Paypal is the one left holding the ball, if they don't get their bit, then they will surely go after the Seller to recoup the dollars.

Like all on-line purchasing systems it really comes down to "Buyer Beware"

Another way to ensure you get the goods is to insist on "Cash on Delivery". If the seller is legitimate and they want the sale, they will in most cases comply with your request. After all if they are in a position to be selling high price items they should have the credence with the sources to allow for COD.
    Fillet and Release Squad

its a hit and miss thing the bay starting with E. sometimes good sometimes bad
    reidy

I have watched this thread for ages now and feel rather annoyed with Mr Beatties antics, the thought came to me that it would take a couple of buses to get everyone who has had bad dealings with him. Wouldn't that be a sight to open your door to find two busloads of unhappy customers??? (simply wanting to say HI) .................................. Ah yes one can only dream eh!!!!!

garry

we work for 5 days to enjoy 2 days with the family and fishing enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ReelCrazy2 View Post
    Finally a Refund

After no result with PayPal I lodged a dispute with my credit card provider and they have reversed the payment to PayPal. So I presume PayPal will now be chasing Garry Beattie or whover the David John name he used.
    It shows that you have some protection with a credit card . I am glad I did not use a direct debit to his account.
    It is sad one person can ruin it for the many legitmate sellers out there

ReelCrazy2
    Thanks for recanting that personal experience I had wondered why paypal makes it harder for me to pay through them with my CC, had my suspicions and only of late was I faltering to allow PP to deduct straight from my bank account, will change that now.

But I wonder if you still have your Paypal account? in any usable sense that is.

cheers fnq
    Last edited by FNQCairns; 28-03-2008 at 01:42 PM.