Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Received an E-mail from someone claiming to be Garry Beattie from Queensland GPS. No contact address or phone number just his E-mail address from his qldgps domain

He claims to have had legal advise from a solicitor friend and has asked that the threads be removed.

I have asked for his permission to post a copy of the E-mail.
    I also informed him that he can post a reply here if he wishes.
    I also asked for the exact reason his solicitor friend gave for the threads to be deemed "very defamatory and slanderous"

Have not had a reply yet, will let you know if I do.

Interesting that he has looked on this web site and seen this thread...

If that is the case that he can get this thread closed down then i think all the people should get together rather quickely and sort this matter out that they have towards him.

On the other hand, i can't see that anything here has been said that isn't true. the people who finally received thier items said they did.

but for all the other people who haven't received their items after paying for them many months back, surely they have their right to adivse others against this con man.

I think they have to take CamH's advice and put everything in writing and send it off to the police.

Remember, it's our criminal justice system that gives these guys more protection than the innocent.

If you google this blokes name the tread comes up on the net so
    you don't have to get on this site to see it.

Very interesting though Mr Ausfish.

Graeme

maybe you could ask him to point out just what parts are "very defamatory and slanderous "

and what parts are the truth , that would be interesting to say the least .

and to answer local guys comment , i have no doubt at all that this guy was informed from day one about this thread but why would he get involved when court proceedings were pending and risk pissing off more people while he is going through court . but now his court session is over why not try and shut up all the people he has ripped off so he can continue on his merry way

Funny isn't it how Mr Beattie is suddenly very concerned about his "UPSTANDING" position in society and is concerned that people think poorly of him?

He's now concerned that he has been defamed and slanderous comments have been made about him .... poor diddims!!!!!!!!!! Think he brought it upon himself! Do you blame people wanting to vent their frustration after being stuffed around by this man? This thread allows people to support each other through their dealings with Mr Beattie, as this can be the most frustrating thing you ever have to go through.

Maybe he may learn a very important lesson by all of this. That is, he may learn to treat customers with the respect they deserve and learn to communicate with the people who have trusted him to deliver goods they have purchased from him in a timely fashion.

eBay should also be held accountable as it seems that eventhough you can be deregistered by them, you can still open another account under a different name and you don't even have to complete the contact details correctly during the rgistration process.

Mr Beattie, according to his own admission on other forums, has been deregistered from eBay more than once and has even asked for information on how to get back into eBay selling as he had a business that was bringing in excess of $20k per month! If you're interested check out this link http://phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-74813.html I wonder how much profit was in that turnover? How many people did he rip off in the process?

Please excuse my negative attitude towards this man, eventhough he eventually came through and had my goods delivered, dealing with him has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I have nothing nice to say about him.

Jo

bad day marco???

ok. finally A Current Affair showed something of interest last night. they had a guy selling cheap accommodation vouchers, but in the end these vouchers were useless and people lost thier money. police stepped in and took everything from this guy.

they gave a web site http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...ternet/report/ so people can go online and file the complaint without getting off their seat infront of the computer.

i hope this link helps everyone involved with Mr Beattie.

Quote Originally Posted by Local_Guy View Post
    bad day marco???

ok. finally A Current Affair showed something of interest last night. they had a guy selling cheap accommodation vouchers, but in the end these vouchers were useless and people lost thier money. police stepped in and took everything from this guy.

they gave a web site http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...ternet/report/ so people can go online and file the complaint without getting off their seat infront of the computer.

i hope this link helps everyone involved with Mr Beattie.
    why would i be having a bad day ? maybe you should read the post again

BUGGER
    I have ordered and paid for a Autohelm Tiller pilot from him through OZtion. His record looked OK. 3 weeks now and I have not received any more e-mails other than the one that the item was "on it's way"

Now I have found this thread and I am not confident that I will ever see the item or my money . As a (ex-service) pensioner it is difficult to save the $820. I would be interested to have any direct contact information on this grub. I do have ex-service friends in the Bundeberg area that may be able to assist .

Thanks

Michael

Anyone trading on ebay, running a website or trading on Ozition should not need to hide themselves behind some of the "interesting service providers" that qldgps has.

These service providers are not normal practice for internet service providers, such as the domain name registration. It would appear on the surface that someone has taken measures to ensure that their identity is more difficult to trace, not impossible but more convoluted.

Regards
    HOnda

if anyone has info on beattie and qldgps and they wish to help stop him ripping others off , oztion is keen to hear from you .
    you can forward the info to
    http://www.oztion.com.au/public/contactus.aspx

Ausfish,
    For those of us who got our items we had to
    wait 11 weeks to get them or longer.
    Perhaps you do not hold your breath waiting
    for a reply because 11 weeks is a long time.
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_B View Post
    BUGGER
    I have ordered and paid for a Autohelm Tiller pilot from him through OZtion. His record looked OK. 3 weeks now and I have not received any more e-mails other than the one that the item was "on it's way"

Now I have found this thread and I am not confident that I will ever see the item or my money . As a (ex-service) pensioner it is difficult to save the $820. I would be interested to have any direct contact information on this grub. I do have ex-service friends in the Bundeberg area that may be able to assist .

Thanks

Michael
    Well push me over with a wet fly . My Tiller Pilot arrived in the post today. I paid for it on the 22nd Feb and it arrived on the 17 March. The package was posted from the USA on the 10th March.
    I am relieved that I have it, however I am not satisfied that the order was handled well. I was told on the 4th March that the item had been dispatched, which was not true.
    Still, it is delivered - and I have learned a lesson

Michael

Thats sick! Cant believe ppl out there rip others off!! Karma will prevail!!

bimini

YES I AM STILL WAITING FOR GARRY BEATTY TO DELIVER THE GOODS

I ordered in December and despite excuses and promises no goods
    He only answers his e mails when he feels like it

Here is one of his high and mighty replies

ReelCrazy2

Hi Mark.

Please don't continue to send your threats through the email system.

I have told you I had organised your GPS to be sent EVEN though PayPal has
    assured me that you have been refunded. I can not understand why you have
    not yet received it and will make further enquiries.

Sending someone around to my house, which I have lived in for years and
    still reside here, will only complicate things more for you, and they WILL
    be met with more force than they could possibly handle.

I have also been made aware, by a solicitor and sailing friend of mine,
    about your very slanderous and defamatory comments you have been making
    about both me and my business on a PUBLIC fishing forum.

My mate believes he could make an absolute killing if I wanted to take the
    issue further, not just with your comments but with a number of other
    comments that have been made by other members of that forum.

I am not interested in doing that at this stage, but if the slandering
    continues I will not hesitate in giving him the go ahead.

You are not doing yourself any favours by continuing to post to that forum.

You are also being gee'd up by a number of other "user's" on that forum
    which, if you investigate carefully, you will find they are coming from the
    same person using a number of "user name" aliases.

As I have said to you before, I could step away from this entire deal as
    PayPal insist you have been refunded. I know the money has been removed from
    my PayPal account HOWEVER I am not an #######, or a con man (as is being
    suggested on that same web forum) and I DO feel a sense of responsibility in
    ensuring that you receive what you paid for.

Once that is done then I will take issue with PayPal.

In the mean time I suggest you take a big breath and calm down, and stop
    allowing yourself to be worked over by other people.

You will get your item.

Garry

----- Original Message -----
    To: "Queensland GPS" <sales@qldgps.com>
    Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2008 2:07 PM
    Subject: Re: GPS

> Hi garry
    > This is getting beyond a joke.
    > If you reordered on this date feb 13 it has had plenty of time to be
    > shipped to you and on shipped to me.
    > Please explain as i am fed up and will go back and organize someone to
    > visit as you have had ample time
    >
    > Mark
    > ----- Original Message -----
    > From: "Queensland GPS" <sales@qldgps.com>
    > To: "Mark Mckiernan" <reelcrazy@bigpond.com>
    > Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:52 PM
    > Subject: Re: GPS

ok hands up who has been using different user names ?

i know i have several different personalities running around in my head but we all use the same user name .

garry , you are so full of it .