Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

I never have any problems with E-bay...primarily 'cause I don't use it! Can't see the sense in handing over my hard earned to someone I have no idea about!

I don't mind Ebay, but to be honest I just looked at the price of this basic fishfinder for my new tinny from a local reputable dealer, and then on this ebay link, and for $20 saving I will just go to the local dealer for piece of mind, and instant purchase / pick up..
    Hope this isn't the guy ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ksid=p3907.m29
    Last edited by Dirtysanchez; 15-02-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: spelling....duhhh
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtysanchez View Post
    I don't mind Ebay, but to be honest I just looked at the price of this basic fishfinder for my new tinny from a local reputable dealer, and then on this ebay link, and for $20 saving I will just go to the local dealer for piece of mind, and instant purchase / pick up..
    Hope this isn't the guy ?
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ksid=p3907.m29

Your right about that. I have been watching Shimano calcuttas on ebay for a couple of weeks now, and they are going for more than an online tackle store.
    $80 plus freight in one case. Some people get caught up in the bidding.

TLD 25's starting price on ebay is the same as purchase price at some online tackle stores.

Hi everyone.
    The link just pasted isn't him thats me Mr Boats on ebay. I've had alot of problems with this guy as well. His name is Garry Beattie from bundaberg and he is constintly ripping people off. He has tried a few thigns with me as well. He actually opened one of these ebay account using all my business details and when he got shut down people were ringing me for there fishfinder. This guy is a massive knob. But I've been working closely with ebay and there security section is tracking this guy down and how they can pin internet fraud on him. They are getting very close to pressing charges they just need to get a couple more things together and theyare done. I'd like to see him compete with there legal department once it goes through. He'll get what he deserves. Just so people know this is the ebay name he is trading under at the moment bgfishing. Peolpe should open fake account and leave hime the feedback he deserves.

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/bgfishing08/

Is this his latest incarnation? Items are listed as coming from South Australia. Someone let him have it with both barrels in the feedback section!

I checked this out too, not sure if it's the same guy. Maybe he's skipped town from Bundy on his yacht, and has taken up temporary residence in SA!! Gee, he would have sailed past my place if he went south. He could have personally delivered my Chartplotter instead of getting it sent express mail from the USA, it might have been quicker!

YES! That's right .... my eBay item showed up on the 15th February .... post marked the 8th February. So much for sending it within two weeks of receiving payment. It only took 11 weeks to get to me!!!! But hubby doesn't want it now, anyone interested??? I'm going to sell it.

[FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Not s[/FONT]orry to say Mr Beattie is shonky to his core, don't know how he can lie straight in bed at night! DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS MAN!

Jo

No he is not located in South Australia he is still in Bunderaberg he's new fake ebay name and address is in South Australia he thinks thats going to confuse ebay and the authoriteis. I have this guys phone number if anyon wants to contact him about there missing items just get in contact with me. Also anyone who has been ripped off get in contact with me as we have a list of people who have n'tt burnt and when all this comes together the more people we have the more bending ove in jail he'll have to do. Our little present to him.

Well well well, what do you know.
    After numerous emails to Garry BEATTIE which seemed to be going
    no where he stated that i would receive the gps on monday the
    25th of Feb. Guess what, it turned up.
    Let me just revisit what happened,
    I won the gps on the 26/11/07
    After having some trouble at the bank trying to deposit money into his
    account because of differences in the name (making me a bit sus) i
    interneted him the money on the 4/12/07.
    After 11 weeks it arrives but it was only sent to me from America on the 19/2/08 one week ago, 10 weeks later. In that 11 weeks i conversed with Bundaberg Police
    i knocked on a door in Bundaberg which i still believe was the right address
    but to no avail and numerous emails.
    My opinion of this man has not changed since i first posted this thread and will not deal with him again, however since i have received the item i paid for i retract any adverse comments i have made about him.
    I hope the rest of you that have not received your items have a favourable outcome but i feel the joy of winning what you bidded for is all but lost due to the
    long wait.
    Graeme
    Last edited by gawby; 25-02-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: amendment

A bit off topic, but I thought I saw this guy on a current affair about a fortnight ago selling cheap LCD/Plasma TV's which funnily enough havent been delivered either!

i know the interview your talking about, but i think that was a different guy... that guy just had no intentions of attempting to get the plasma screens in. atleast Mr Beattie has sold stuff before and i guess now is making amends.

The old saying. better late than never... but still no excuse for it being 3 months late.

Still waiting for my GPS. I've tried to contact the police regarding my report but they never ring back. I don't know who's worse.

Fairstar

Got an email address for him.

Fairstar.

I just went through exatcly the same thing. I bought a Tiagra fishing reel off EBAY and put the money into the blokes account. As soon as the money went in he was gone and I never saw the reel. EBAY were totally useless but I was able to track him down and to cut a long story short he was sentenced on Monday to 3 months suspended prison and told to pay me back the money.

I wrote a sort of diary on all the dealings with him (phone calls, letters I had sent to him warning of legal action etc) and gave it to the police. They were great and nailed him in quick time.
    Last edited by CamH; 07-03-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamH View Post
    I just went through exatcly the same thing. I bought a Tiagra fishing reel off EBAY and put the money into the blokes account. As soon as the money went in he was gone and I never saw the reel. EBAY were totally useless but I was able to track him down and to cut a long story short he was sentenced on Monday to 3 months suspended prison and told to pay me back the money.

I wrote a sort of diary on all the dealings with him (phone calls, letters I had sent to him warning of legal action etc) and gave it to the police. They were great and nailed him in quick time.
    Was this bloke in South Aus? One of my mates was done for $570 dollars on a Tiagra 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WHALEOIL View Post
    Was this bloke in South Aus? One of my mates was done for $570 dollars on a Tiagra 2 weeks ago.
    one of the earlier posts in this thread say that he started a a new ebay name listing sth aus as location