Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    filthy grub, hope you catch up with him for a chat..

Is this the same guy?

http://qldgps.com/

Regards
    HOnda

Yer Thats the Guy
    Willo

I have been down to the local police station and filled out a Fruad assessment sheet. The officer said it is unlikley that I'll get my money back. Hopfuly they will be able to press charges. Will post it here if any thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fairstar View Post
    I have been down to the local police station and filled out a Fruad assessment sheet. The officer said it is unlikley that I'll get my money back. Hopfuly they will be able to press charges. Will post it here if any thing happens.
    if charges are pending it may pay to be careful about what is posted about this guy .

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to join in this thread to let you know that I too have been ripped off by this mongrel. I bought a Northstar 538 Colour GPS Chartplotter for my husband for Christmas. Won it on the 30th November 07, paid via funds transfer on the 1st December 07, discovered he was ill/injured or something a couple of days later, finally discovered he was deregistered from eBay one week later! This unit cost me $415.00 .... not happy Jan! I have tried to phone him, he won't answer his calls. I even asked for a refund, including the p&h costs, finally I received an email from him on the 7th January 2008 stating that he had sent the item and he would look into the postage from his side!!!! Still no goods delivered to my door! I've told him that I am reporting him to the fraud squad for online fraud. Obviously this man doesn't have a conscience or any moral values .... his parents must be proud! I've got the paperwork from QLD Police to fill out and forward to them for investigation. Fingers crossed this all works out. It would be interesting to see how many other people have been stung. Will let you all know how it pans out.

it's always good to read and follow this thread and i must say i feel for everyone and hope you get your money back as i'm sure by now you don't want the item especially from this guy.

a few suggestions and comments though.

No one has mentioned that postage was registered or not as with registered post you get a tracking number and he should forward you this number so you can track the delivery of your item especially being one in the $$$'s.

eveyone who has had bad dealings with this guy should file a complaint with the police. the way the police would see it (and no disrespect to them) but with 1 or 2 complaints they would say "just cut your losses you won't get your money back" (like another member stated). but if they get 10 - 15 or 20 complaints about this one guy they are going to take this matter more seriously and make his life difficult and you will have a better chance of taking this guy to court and hopefully winning...

another option i think would be to find out everyone who has had bad dealings with this person and go visit him with police there as a witness and safety. Approach this guy as a group and ask for your money back. At this point i'm preety sure he will fold and give u what he owes you, but if he doesn't you all know where he is and you have 20 statements from 20 people that all say the same thing and this is going to hold up strong in court.

also with his web page qldgps.com you should be able to find out preety easilly if this web page/business is registered and a legal business. if it's not i'm sure you could take further action. but this i'm not sure on the process.

you could also call the manufacturer/supplier of the product you just purchased and ask if Mr. Beattie (qldgps) is a supplier of their products. If they say "yes" explain to them your situation. With out them knowing they will think this guy sells an awesome amount of sounders and continue to give him unbeatable prices over other competitors. If they aren't, most suppliers don't like the reseller doing the dodgy as it gives their product a bad name.

on a last note. i hope everyone on here that has had dealings with Mr Beattie gets what they want, whether that be their money back or the product they ordered....

keep this thread alive as it makes an awesome read
    Last edited by Local_Guy; 21-01-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    HMM

Mr Beattie - ripping off boaties. Wonder if he is a relative of the other Beattie that kicked off a major rip-off of boaties all over the state a few years back???

Hope you get him nailed. If the Police won't/can't do anything, get today tonight or a current affair on the case.

Chris
    Same fella is in front of Wholsale Marine. Our Mr GJ Beattie gets around. Stay away from QLDGps and Wholsale Marine

Everyone ....

We should all get together and take these mongrels down. I seriously would like to get my money back! Please PM me ASAP. If we all put our claims in to the Police together, then they'll have to take action. The sooner we do this the better chance we will have to get our money back. Anyone interested?

Jo

If you all get your police report numbers and have your report amended so it is linked to the others reports it will come up on the police system as a more major and obvious issue. Have the offenders name and spelling checked . They will see the consistancy if all the reports ( incident numbers) are attached and linked. They might actually do something then as it will be possible for them to take action.

Unless manually done with all the spelling errors and people AKA's, several addresses in the police system these blokes get away with it for a long time.

Don't know how QLD police work but do they allocate this to closest ststion or run it from the reporting ststion. Whichever it is try and have the officer who will do the legwork name on the report.

You'll hav eto push as there isn't many resources allocated to these minor fraud / theft cases- Oh yeah try and get them all classed as the same type of crime on the report

Thanks for the info Cormorant .... much obliged.

Gawby, did you manage to get in contact with the detective at Bundy Police Station? If so, can I have their contact details?

I have a lot of information on QldGPS, currently trading under David Beattie's name. Previously trading under Garry Beattie's name, I'm assuming that this is David's father! I also know which company David works for, not sure on the branch though.

And as a general point of interest, for those of us who have been stung by this wretch, I have a nasty feeling that QldGPS is currently trading on the OZtion website trading under Queensland GPS!

Jo
    Last edited by fishonista; 22-01-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Retraction of original statement

as another way to get this guy , a complaint to asic about his registered company and the way he does business is a violation of the trade practices act and if proven asic will come down hard on him .

Quote Originally Posted by fishonista View Post
    Thanks for the info Cormorant .... much obliged.

Gawby, did you manage to get in contact with the detective at Bundy Police Station? If so, can I have their contact details?

I have a lot of information on QldGPS, currently trading under David Beattie's name. Previously trading under Garry Beattie's name, I'm assuming that this is David's father! I also know which company David works for, not sure on the branch though.

And as a general point of interest, for those of us who have been stung by this wretch, I have a nasty feeling that QldGPS is currently trading on the OZtion website trading under Queensland GPS!

Jo
    I know of a Gary Beattie who lives in bundy, is a sailer. How did his name come up? Can someone pm me if this has any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I know of a Gary Beattie who lives in bundy, is a sailer. How did his name come up? Can someone pm me if this has any relevance.
    that is the guy

This thread has been very helpful. Bad luck to the ones involved hope luck goes your way and justice is served.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Show me the Snapper!

found this on another site don't no if is him .. he is at ELLIOTT HEADS (QLD bundy

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Garmin-GPS...n/3388591.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by boof View Post
    found this on another site don't no if is him .. he is at ELLIOTT HEADS (QLD bundy

http://www.oztion.com.au/-Garmin-GPS...n/3388591.aspx
    it is him , give him a wide berth if you like to keep your money .