Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

HMM

Mr Beattie - ripping off boaties. Wonder if he is a relative of the other Beattie that kicked off a major rip-off of boaties all over the state a few years back???

Hope you get him nailed. If the Police won't/can't do anything, get today tonight or a current affair on the case.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07 sent through money by bank transfer and no goods. I have reported Qldgps to fraud squad but I am not hopeful of a result. I would be really interested in finding him as a trip to bundy would not bother me at all. He replied to my last email saying that he was surprised that I did not have my goods. If I don't have any joy by the end of this week I have his bank details and mobile number and I am sure I can get someone to use this info to get his address. Please keep me posted on your progress.

I have been ripped of as well and would be really interested in getting his address. I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07. Money sent and no goods.

jee wiz it amazing how some low some people can be. iv had that happen to me on eBay but from a differant seller
    WIVES CANT LIVE WITH EM, BUT SURE CAN FISH WITHOUT EM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Coombs View Post
    I have been ripped of as well and would be really interested in getting his address. I also won a Northstar 557 on 29/11/07. Money sent and no goods.
    check your pm geoff , and while your in bundy might as well get a tour of the rum distillery as well , that should calm the nerves a bit lol

Any news on this scum???

Make sure he is charged even if you get your money back. Police can request records from ebay and get everyone who has been ripped off notified. Enough people will be able to claim his assetts and make his life hell.

A little publicity like an add in the local paper and where he is employed after you get your money back makes you feel a lot better.

I got done by a guy and I found out who he was and spoke to his employer and local fishing club and what do you know the combined pressure lost him his job and he payed before I had to put add in the paper. Did it anyway as he was scum.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Any news on this scum???

Make sure he is charged even if you get your money back. Police can request records from ebay and get everyone who has been ripped off notified. Enough people will be able to claim his assetts and make his life hell.

A little publicity like an add in the local paper and where he is employed after you get your money back makes you feel a lot better.

I got done by a guy and I found out who he was and spoke to his employer and local fishing club and what do you know the combined pressure lost him his job and he payed before I had to put add in the paper. Did it anyway as he was scum.
    Very well handled cormorant
    ausfishlinchmob signing up now.
    May-be the next boaties rally should be a drive to Bundy for those 'touched' by this mongrel. He'd certainly hurry and deliver if several ugly ausfishos arrived on his door step

Not saying nay of us are ugly though

What a pr1ck !!

The irony of the name - 'Deception' Bay...nothin' against the decent folk there.

Darren

Well Ya never can pick em
    Back in August of 07 I bought a Garmin 172c GPSmap of this guy
    At that stage he had a ebay 99.6% rating and his adress was in Brisbane
    Although from memory it took about 2 weeks to get hear ,was happy with the product
    Ya would think you would be safe with a 99.6% rating on 596 transactions though,But evidently not

Willo

A lot of the ebay traders use many small transactions to make their feedback look good. I had one who sold lots of golf tees and had a great rating. Every 6 months or so he would all with one closing day sell 50 golf glubs at $400 each. Then would delay as he had them ordered and posted from overseas. Most arrived eventually and about 50% got money refunded after he had had use of it for 6 weeks hmmmmm- better than a credit card. Got a few bad feedbacks then sold more golf tees and was at it again. Ebay don't give a toss.

Ebay sellers think they are anomonyous- well they aren't unless they are very crafty.

filthy grub, hope you catch up with him for a chat..

Is this the same guy?

http://qldgps.com/

Regards
    HOnda

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post

Is this the same guy?

Regards
    HOnda
    not sure if it is him but i wouldnt buy from them anyway , absolutly no contact information on the site other then a message box

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post

Is this the same guy?

Regards
    HOnda

Try contacting them and asking?

Scott

Im am not sure if it same bloke,but a good friend of mine bought a navman gps from ebay about 18 months ago from a guy based in bundy and exactly the same thing happened as mentioned here.
    My friend found out his address through contacts and just rocked up on his doorstep,the guy was very upset that his adress was known but did supply gps very quickly indeed as my friend isnt a little bloke and can be quite persuasive.

cheers Craig

The whole website is pretty dodgy, it is hosted by "domains by proxy" from the united states, the whois for the site doesnt even list and admintration contact and on the home page proxy site says "your identity is no ones business but ours".

About us from the hosting company.

"Domains By Proxy® was conceived to deal with one of the biggest shortcomings of the Internet — the loss of privacy. We believe you should be able to keep your personal information private when you register a domain -- and now you can, by switching your “public” registration to a “private” one, using our patented private registration process. "

Very sus

Regards
    HOnda