Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Quote Originally Posted by gawby View Post
    I have seen threads of lesser importance get i pin and
    stuck at the top of the thread lists.
    Perhaps the mods may like to do the same with this
    thread as it has now had 18081 hits and 223 replies
    and is of importance to all the new members and any
    other members plus the guests on the site.
    Graeme
    i think that would be walking on thin ice for the powers to be as this is a hot topic .

what i find amusing is the page sponsor for this thread as you can see in the pic , oztion allowed mr beattie to continue trading on there site even though they were fully aware of this thread and of the actions of mr g.b . and they had the same attitude as ebay in regards to stopping g.b . couldnt care less if one of there sellers were ripping people off .

just goes to show that if you buy online from auction sites than be prepared to do your dough with no recourse from anyone . buyer beware .

Quote Originally Posted by DeadWater View Post
    LOL he got me as well
    I have got all info on him more than you would know
    Mr-Boat pm me

Deadwater post it here..?...and mods...why not pin this it makes it easier to keep people aware of this permanent problem

The 7.30 report ran a story on Ebay fraud tonight...
    very interesting...

A couple of points to come out of it were ...

1. Ebay continues to receive listing fee's even if the buyer does not receive their product.

2. Despite supposed buyer protection by using paypal,one guy explained that he submitted a claim for a quad bike he never received and failed to receive any compensation.
    So the compensation would appear to be quite arbitrary.

Of course, there was an Ebay spokesman giving the usual lip service about how ebay takes these fraud things seriously..

However,the overall picture that was painted was quite unflattering for Ebay.

And there was no mention of GB ...unfortunately...

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/...-15306,00.html

7.30 Report probes eBay, PayPal

ndm.kit.btyb();
    ndm.kit.btyb();
    ndm.kit.btyb();

Fran Foo | October 02, 2008

AN INVESTIGATION into the activities of eBay Australia and its subsidiary PayPal are expected to air today on the ABC's 7.30 Report, as foreshadowed in The Australian this week.
    Paul Foster received a refund from PayPal days before The 7.30 Report was scheduled to air a story on eBay and PayPal

The TV program will look at criminals in cyberspace and address claims that eBay isn't doing enough to curb the prevalence of on its website.

It is understood Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chairman Graeme Samuel was invited to comment on air.

It will also feature victims of eBay traders who are demanding more action and accountability from the online auction giant in light of the recent collapse of one of eBay's largest sellers, EBS International.

Thousands of people were caught high and dry when EBS, known on eBay as Ebusiness Supplies, was liquidated in late July.

As earlier reported, one victim of EBS and a PayPal member was recently reimbursed, days before the TV program was scheduled to go on air.

Paul Foster, who lives in Penrith, NSW, was asked by PayPal executives what would it take to make him happy, he said.

Mr Foster lost $435 when EBS went under. Since then, him and thousands of people have been trying to recoup their losses but to no avail even though PayPal said it had established a special fund to repay victims.

After several months of trying to obtain a refund, out of the blue recently, he received a telephone call from PayPal executives who promised to solve the matter.

Mr Foster has since received a full refund and although he wasn't on The 7.30 Report's interview list, he said there were many other victims who've been left empty-handed.

"I want justice for the other victims who haven't received a single cent after EBS collapsed. Some people have lost thousands of dollars," he said.

Another eBay Crook?

Hi All,

My brother recently won an eBay auction for a Shimano Tiagra 130 reel that was advertised as being 8 months old for $660 including postage. Almost 4 weeks past now, still no reel and the seller is not replying to email. eBay say they are investigating. He paid via bank deposit so no buyer protection. I think he has done his $$$. I bought heaps of stuff without incident, it is disappointing these crooks continue to trade. Apparently the reel was located at Berriedale TAS. Tread wearily.

Cheers.
    Shaun

Re: Another eBay Crook?

Shaun,

I always only pay through paypal as your items are then insured. I bought some stuff from japan through ebay and the items never turned up. The guy didnt reply to my emails until i lodged a complaint to Paypal and they started an investigation a week later paypal automaticly deducted his account and paid my money back. The guy then emails me saying he did send the items. I asked him for the tracking numbers and suprise surprise he couldnt give me any. mmmm very suss. Point is always pay for stuff on ebay using paypal, that way you can rest easy as it is virtually garunteed to arrive and if it is the wrong stuff they can sort it out for you.

Re: Another eBay Crook?

I only use Paypal and COD on eBay.

I dont wish to sound negative but this forum is full of similar senarios.I guess if you buy off e-bay you take a chance that things wont work out.Its not right i know but it happens to often.Been stung myself will not buy off the bay anymore regardless how good the price looks
    Cheers
    Reidy

i only ever use Paypal & make sure they have been on ebay for a long time with good feedback.
    Had a problem the other week, purchased a computer programme download.
    I paid & it did not download, no matter what i tried. Sent an email & waited 24 hrs, did not get a response so i logged a complaint for a refund with Paypal & had my money back in a couple of hours.
    Best part was that i did further research & found that what they were selling could be found on the internet for free..

Paypal - just be aware that paypal will only pay if your money is still avaliable and has many ways of not paying. If a seller takes your money straight out of the paypal system they , regardless of what they say, can take significant time if ever to pay out. Paypal insurance isn't possibly what you think and dealing with any compamy Ebay/ paypal that hasn't signed up to Aussie financial regulations or code of conduct and is acting like a bank is a warning sign. On the surface it looks the goods but there has been many issues.

Still better than nothing but just be aware it isn't risk free and as you can see from this thread Ebay doesnt always do what they say in a timely way.

Like all transactions it is all about the counterparty and some on ebay like everywhere else are scum, scamsters etc.

For all bt minor transactions I contact the person b email outside Ebay and also by phone. People who are into scams don't like giving out real phone numbers and addresses and don't like hard questions. I cautiously do the same when selling if people request it to get a sale and generally the people who bother are no hassle in any case and just nervous.

Its quite a while since any news posted about this eBay guy from Bundaberg our friend Garry... has he finally been deaklt with or are we just not hearing anything any more..?

Mr Boats post about Acorn-Solutions.com.au was removed because it was libellous and erroneous. Garry used us for hosting several years ago. His website was pulled once someone complained that he wasn't delivering goods. I would advise Mr Boats to check his facts before posting absolute rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn-Solutions View Post
    Mr Boats post about Acorn-Solutions.com.au was removed because it was libellous and erroneous. Garry used us for hosting several years ago. His website was pulled once someone complained that he wasn't delivering goods. I would advise Mr Boats to check his facts before posting absolute rubbish.
    who really cares what host someone was using???

If you are getting ripped off the last thing you care about is the web host.

Mr Boats posted that Acorn-Solutions.com.au was a scam owned and run by Garry. I was pointing out that Mr Boats post was removed because it was wrong and libellous. Several people viewed Mr Boats post and visited our website. My post was to set the record straight.

As you said "who really cares what host someone was using???".

Michael

The post referred to by Michael from Acorn-Solutions ( above ) was deleted and is as he stated. Here is a small section of that post.

Mind you he hasn't gone altogether he has a new scam called Acorn solutions

My ' search ' results can shed no light on " Garry " being in anyway associated with Acorn-Solutions which is a registered business and domain name.

Mr_Boats has been contacted asking to substantiate his claims.

At this time I ask that Mr_Boats and Acorn-Solutions not post on this thread until the matter is resolved.

Regards

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here