Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

mr. boats, ebay doesn't care. they are getting their fees from him.

whats happening with the bundaberg police and them getting off their ass to prosecute him. or are they just sitting on their hands thinking it will get done by itself.

I've talked with the bundy police several times on this matter. They have there hands tired at the moment. Because I know Garry beattie reads this thread I don't want to give him a heads up on why they aren't doing anything at the moment.
    The one thing I will say is if your've been ripped off by Garry Beattie or one of his several alias like Barry Geaie etc
    Please go to this website link and fill in the required information:
    http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...ternet/report/
    This is a speical online fraud squad that covers all of Australia althought its QLD based. They know of Garry Beattie (They know ALOT) and are gathering as much information as possible to charge him. Please if your've been done or have any info use this link.

I've been following this thread so just for fun I put a bid on a Garmin sounder being sold by paydamoney. It's now been removed. Aaawww, what a shame. What's his latest name? Might put some bids in.

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    I've been following this thread so just for fun I put a bid on a Garmin sounder being sold by paydamoney. It's now been removed. Aaawww, what a shame. What's his latest name? Might put some bids in.

What if you win the bid? If you don't pay, He will dog ear your rating. If you pay, You will get nothing and do your doe.
    Still would be good to waste his time and money, Interesting point

Don't think he can now?? Sellers can't give negatives I think.

You could play around for heaps though......

Will be interesting to see how long the new userid lasts. "paydamoney" was shut down pretty quickly.

123hollst has been deregistered too now.

i thought i would also add this link from the gps scammers thread for anyone googling about ebay ripoffs , the thread is gathering some good info about ebay and there lack off actions to con artists

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d=1#post871633

Can't let this thread sit in the back pages can we.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Dave...Dogsbody....thanks for making that last post and bringing this saga to the front line of the forum again.

Some months ago, we started a search for a replacement high capacity, smart battery charger for our Bustracker caravan as the original vibrated itself to death on the corrugated roads of Central Australia.

I found the Xantrex Truecharge 2 range on the web and the dimensions suited the available space perfectly. However this is a new model release for Xantrex and is scheduled for sale in OZ soon.

I did find a listing for it on Discount Marine World and it looked like an attractive price.

At that time the Item I wanted was listed as "Out of Stock On Back Order", so I went searching for a phone number in order to give them a call and find out when they expected stock.

Well, it looked like such comprehensive and well presented "Shop Front", that I couldn't work out why there was no contact Phone and Fax direct e-mail and street address.

This had my alarm bell ringing as I have had 14 years in Sales and Marketing and thought it was either a gross oversight or a bogus web shop front.

So that was all back in June and we've only just joined this forum a couple of weeks ago as we're buying a tinnie for the roof of the Landcruiser and this looked like a great place to find local info as we're going to Bribie next week for a fortnight of relaxation and fishing......then I read this thread from go to whoa.....what an eye opener and I'm so glad that I trusted my early instincts with Discount Marine World.

Oh, by the way, if you doubt MR Boats info.....don't...I did a "Whois" look up of the Domain for discountmarineworld.com and a little more digging turned up the registered owner and his street address in Bundaberg Qld here's the link to this freely available information on the web.

http://www.aboutus.org/DiscountMarineWorld.com

Again Dave.....thanks for "Bumping" this thread to the top of the list, as I'm also looking for a Combo GPS/Sounder for our tinnie and that led me to this Chat Board and ultimately this particularly enlightening thread.

Hope this saves other members some grief as well.
    Cheers
    Rick

I am pretty sure that 10 pearson st is the one i went to
    and knocked on the door.
    A young girl answered the door and had a mobile phone to her ear
    and was receiving instructions what to say whilst i was there.
    It wasn't hard to work out that she was being told what to say.
    I have found out that this address is an assosiate of beatties
    and i was hot on his trail.
    Funny how not long after i received my chart plotter.
    Just to note, i don't think i have mentioned this in the past but
    there is another Beattie at bundaberg with the same initials who are
    not related in anyway to this bloke. They are an elderly couple who now
    live in fear because of the numerous threatening phone calls and letters
    they have received because of this bloke.
    Graeme

Hi everyone I'm back again. Haven't been on for a while due to the sydney boatshow.
    Guess what once logging onto here again Igot anther PM from poor bugger who has been done by QLDGPS. So Garry you'll be getting anther call soon.
    As for seeing this scumbag back on ebay if he's there I haven't spotted him BUT I'm guessing he's in touble as the QLD police got in contact with me so they are on his tail now. I hope he finds himself a new boyfriend in prison.
    As far as ebay's lack of security they informed me of the same old garabe line that they feed everyone. "We are doing something but due to privacy laws we can't tell you"
    Anyway this link has done a ecellent job of getting him off ebay pity the tradingpost didn't listen to me as he's trying to go hard on there.

Ah yes hope they get ole gary. Wonder if he likes to play "mummies and daddies" Hey gary come over here and suck mummies c k biatch.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

LOL he got me as well
    I have got all info on him more than you would know
    Mr-Boat pm me

I have seen threads of lesser importance get i pin and
    stuck at the top of the thread lists.
    Perhaps the mods may like to do the same with this
    thread as it has now had 18081 hits and 223 replies
    and is of importance to all the new members and any
    other members plus the guests on the site.
    Graeme