Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Quote Originally Posted by Local_Guy View Post
    you should get onto that Greg Cary show, 2UE i think is the radio station he broadcasts from. i've been trying to find his e-mail address to send him the link.

Should get his point of view on it. the phone number if anyone wants to phone in is 13 13 32
    try 4bc , greg is brisbane based .

programs@4bc.com.au

yeah, thats the one i sent the e-mail to. i think greg's e-mail is greg@4bc.com.au

Good news,
    I succesfully recieved a refund for the NAVMAN chartplotter that never turned up.
    A simple phone call to Garry Beattie a week ago has resulted in getting my money back.

Garry was very helpful and admitted he was having problems due to his Ebay acounts being frozen due to certain members (who are in competition with his business) constantly having him shut down.

Encourage others to politely contact Garry with their problem and be careful about getting caught up in the 'hype' of head hunting. Simple communication can solve your problem.

Please feel free to contact me if you're 'out of pocket' and want to chase down a refund.

Cheers

Patch

Looks like patch got conned twice by this guy.
    Just remeber his accounts are being frozen because he is scamming people. As for him crying poor because his competors are shutting him down(I'm guessing his aiming that at me) Keep in mind there are heaps of other people trading on ebay and I've never mentioned 1 other person or company. This is because Garry Beattie is the only con-artisit on there. Also keep in mind patch if it wasn't for this thread and me you'd be out your money. Don't go easy on him because he sweet talked you.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_boats View Post
    Looks like patch got conned twice by this guy.
    Just remeber his accounts are being frozen because he is scamming people. As for him crying poor because his competors are shutting him down(I'm guessing his aiming that at me) Keep in mind there are heaps of other people trading on ebay and I've never mentioned 1 other person or company. This is because Garry Beattie is the only con-artisit on there. Also keep in mind patch if it wasn't for this thread and me you'd be out your money. Don't go easy on him because he sweet talked you.

Mr. Boats be careful, I wasn't conned twice I recieved the refund I was after. And I am thankful that because of this thread I chased down my money. What I am reminding people is that if they have not recieved their goods that it is possible to get their money back by taking a civilised approach to the matter.

I'm not defending Garry's approach to his business, there are obviously faults in it. But I don't believe he is intentionally ripping people off, proof being that I've got my money back.

So those who are out of pocket should keep pursueing they're money by contacting Garry directly, be civil and he is more than helpful.

Those who haven't directly been affected by his poor business ethics should remain supportive of those who have been, but be careful not to just jump on the band wagon.

Out of interest how many of you reading this have actually lost money??

I'm not sure of how many people that read this thread have been ripped of by this 1 person but 1 thing I can say is just last week 4 people (Including Patch) contacted me personally because they have been ripped off. Imgaine how many poor buggers have lost there money who don't read this forum.
    So should we go easy on Garry Beattie because once people get his home phone number and track him down he gets scared and gives the money back?
    I don't think so.
    You also have to ask yourself WHY he uses different names and address?
    Is this the business trading of someone legitament?

Patch, that's a weird turn around. I wouldn't consider finally getting my money back and having to talk "Nicely" to the so and so, Making him A Great bloke.
    The way I see it, He is Most likely trading Insolvent. He needs to make a sale to afford supplying a previous sale. that's illegal and he should be shut down and charged.
    If he had a sounder to sell, And you paid, You should have bloody well got it.
    I cant help but think you may know him a little more than you say

patch, this is his style . he trys to rip you off and when you get too close to home he caves in .
    good to see you have had a win but good old garry does speak with fork tongue .

ive seen it myself .

That alright i got a cousin who is a detective himself and he gonna look into all of these information for me. Its very hard to trust peoples in these days and the large amount of money we've has lost over nothing this is bull$#!T. I will be getting this sorted out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_boats View Post
    EBAY Strikes again...
    They have ininstated the account name:123hollst
    Ebay is now letting Garry Beattie trade under this name. It's seems as if the commision he was giving them means more to ebay than there security of there customer's Nice job Alister McGibbon
    Thank you mr boats,

Just let everyone know That mr boats is a `•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸ ><((((º> GREAT EBAYER ‹(•¿•)› I recieved my item super fast.
    Catch ya L8ter
    BBJ

Quote Originally Posted by flybloke View Post
    Patch, that's a weird turn around. I wouldn't consider finally getting my money back and having to talk "Nicely" to the so and so, Making him A Great bloke.
    The way I see it, He is Most likely trading Insolvent. He needs to make a sale to afford supplying a previous sale. that's illegal and he should be shut down and charged.
    If he had a sounder to sell, And you paid, You should have bloody well got it.
    I cant help but think you may know him a little more than you say
    I don't appreciate the thoughts that I may know Garry Beattie more than I say

To tell you the truth I've been writing certain things on this thread to help pursued Garry Beattie into giving my money back. He told me himself that he reads it.

The money he owed me cleared into my account this morning so now I can be more honest.

Mr. Boats I owe you an apology for appearing to argue with you over 'head hunting' for Garry Beattie. I'm glad someone is going after this con artist. And if you need some more evidence that he is trading under false names I have some for you, just send me a message via ebay username.

Sorry guys for being misleading I just needed to con the 'con', and thankfully it worked.

How does it feel Garry?? And don't think for a second that I won't be submitting all the evidence of your shonky business ethics.

Hi Patch

You fooled me I thought you warmed to this guy. Now it makes sense to me. Sorry if I came down hard on you. I'll email you for that info.
    By the way readers I recieved anther person this morning who has been done. This person was buying a fishfinder/Chartplotter for a birthday present. $1000 didn't recieve it. Garry Beattie your a scumbag.

Oh by the way thanks BBjohn

Quote Originally Posted by Patch181 View Post
    I don't appreciate the thoughts that I may know Garry Beattie more than I say

To tell you the truth I've been writing certain things on this thread to help pursued Garry Beattie into giving my money back. He told me himself that he reads it.

The money he owed me cleared into my account this morning so now I can be more honest.

Mr. Boats I owe you an apology for appearing to argue with you over 'head hunting' for Garry Beattie. I'm glad someone is going after this con artist. And if you need some more evidence that he is trading under false names I have some for you, just send me a message via ebay username.

Sorry guys for being misleading I just needed to con the 'con', and thankfully it worked.

How does it feel Garry?? And don't think for a second that I won't be submitting all the evidence of your shonky business ethics.
    You Had me going, well done, And apologies

Had anther person ring me today about being ripped off by Garry beattie. This forum is working a treat....
    Ebay is still letting him trade under his new account. I've called everyday and they have just pushed me aside.