Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Hi Guys,
    I've been on the phone to Garry Beattie for the last two days chasing my NAVMAN chartplotter that never turned up! A few positives have come from it. He has acknowledged association with the infamous 'Barry Gaeie' (who I purchased my chartplotter from)and refered to him as his distributor in SA, but more likely because it is an alias he uses. I've informed Garry that I work in law inforcement and as far as I can find there is no 'Barry Gaeie' in Australia, not a suprise really.

I encourage others to make a formal statement as I have and then contact Garry to organise a refund, he has taken my information and has promised an internet transfer of the monies owed, although I'm not holding my breath. Even so, in doing this Garry has provided me written proof from his personal email of the money owed on a product that never turned up, and of his association with 'Barry Gaeie', this will be very helpful if and when Garry comes before the courts.

On the other hand if Garry follows through with the promised refund then I plan to withdraw my formal statement and I won't proceed with legal action.

Good luck everyone, and keep pursueing what is yours. And its great to have so many people supporting but can people please refrain from threatening posts as it doesn't help our cause.

Cheers,

Patch

deleted to help my mate patch out lol

Has anyone considered passing all this info, ie: real name & details + all known trading names, aliases & bank account details on to the tax dept? I can't imagine that he keeps 'books' on all his dodgey dealings & surely they can join all the dots on his crooked little schemes..

Ok people he is up and trading again with this user name: paydamoney
    I already notified ebay months ago about this name and they ignored it.
    Here is the email I've sent to alister macagibbon this morning pleading with him to do something about this:
    "
    Dear Alister and Matthew

Garry Beattie is reselling again on ebay. I've already notified ebay months ago about this user name and nothing was done about it. Once again this is the ebay user name he is trading under now: paydamoney
    Check his feedback all feedback given to this account has been his old user names.
    Alsiter what are you going to do about this person??? Just keep closing his accounts and not pursueing him to stop him from doing this? You must realise this is going to bite you later if you don't do something about it. Once again read this forum link:
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off
    Its up to you and you only Alister to stop this guy. It's your job as head of ebay australia security. People are emailing today tonight, current affair and the head of police QLD everyday. You must realise at least on of these TV programs will be knocking on your door one day asking why you haven't done anything.
    PLEASE reply to my email about what your going to do.

Regards
    Garry"

A background of Alister Macgibbon head of ebay australian security. I'm lead to believe he used to work for Australian federal police so he must have some great contacts and know the legal system. Now he works for ebay I'm guessing he's took this job as a holiday as he seems to be doing nothing.
    TRADING POST: looks as if they have ingored my warnings only well they'll get a bad name like ebay.

Thanks Marco,
    I let my emotions over flow when I first discovered I'd been ripped off. Its been removed now.

Cheers

I emailed Today Tonight to further add to the fun.

This is a very entertaining thread. Maintain the rage!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_boats View Post
    Ok people he is up and trading again with this user name: paydamoney
    I already notified ebay months ago about this name and they ignored it.
    Here is the email I've sent to alister macagibbon this morning pleading with him to do something about this:
    "
    Dear Alister and Matthew

Garry Beattie is reselling again on ebay. I've already notified ebay months ago about this user name and nothing was done about it. Once again this is the ebay user name he is trading under now: paydamoney
    Check his feedback all feedback given to this account has been his old user names.
    Alsiter what are you going to do about this person??? Just keep closing his accounts and not pursueing him to stop him from doing this? You must realise this is going to bite you later if you don't do something about it. Once again read this forum link:
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=121660&highlight=being+ripped+off
    Its up to you and you only Alister to stop this guy. It's your job as head of ebay australia security. People are emailing today tonight, current affair and the head of police QLD everyday. You must realise at least on of these TV programs will be knocking on your door one day asking why you haven't done anything.
    PLEASE reply to my email about what your going to do.

Regards
    Garry"

A background of Alister Macgibbon head of ebay australian security. I'm lead to believe he used to work for Australian federal police so he must have some great contacts and know the legal system. Now he works for ebay I'm guessing he's took this job as a holiday as he seems to be doing nothing.
    TRADING POST: looks as if they have ingored my warnings only well they'll get a bad name like ebay.

lol, check out his ebay profile, all of his ticks of approval come from his other usernames.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    lol, check out his ebay profile, all of his ticks of approval come from his other usernames.
    & if you check all the users who left feedback, they are all deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by DR View Post
    & if you check all the users who left feedback, they are all deregistered
    Yeah, that's coz they're all him.

i hope someone doesn't get on Ebay and pay $2000 or more for a

Garmin FF140 Fishfinder with transom transducer

and use a false name as this costs , both money and inconvenience, and may also save some other unsuspecting punter out there.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine...kToResult=true

Mr. G. J. Beattie of Elliott Heads Qld is trading on it appears..........

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post

Maybe someone might want to go and check out his camper trailer;

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automo...kToResult=true

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post

interesting to see the feedback trail , all of garrys mates are there lol

EBAY Strikes again...
    They have ininstated the account name:123hollst
    Ebay is now letting Garry Beattie trade under this name. It's seems as if the commision he was giving them means more to ebay than there security of there customer's Nice job Alister McGibbon

you should get onto that Greg Cary show, 2UE i think is the radio station he broadcasts from. i've been trying to find his e-mail address to send him the link.

Should get his point of view on it. the phone number if anyone wants to phone in is 13 13 32