Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

I think I have seen this guy trading through (I wish I could be sure) OzAuction or trading Post... pretty sure it is OzAuction and under queenslandgps as the name. Very similar.....

I was once ripped off, by somebody different, and eBay refunded some costs but if I had of done it through paypal I would have got much more back.

Funny thing was I must have been a bit sus, coz I asked this guy for his address and phone no which he gave without question, so I accepted it. Of course it ended up being bogus so D'Oh! If ya get the info, check it out.

Post Re: Being Ripped Off

Thanks Marco,
    Just wrote to Mr Boats.

I have Garry Beatties home address and home phone number. If anyone wants it then please fel free to contact me via my ebay username 'Patch181'.

Quote Originally Posted by marco View Post

oh and hi garry , im sure your reading this .
    yes mate..no doubt he is and having a good old laugh about the totally ineffectual trading laws we have in this country..
    How a man with a known whereabouts can continue to trade in this fashion and not be at least before the courts,suspended from trading or in jail or beaten up just blows me away.

I make most of my money from website sales and it's a daily occurrence ...I just don't understand how such a crook is allowed to continue.

Scott

surely something has to be done now with more people turning up who have been caught by this fraudster.

go to ACA because it certainly seams that the law doesn't want to do anything about it.

mrboats, you have all the information. can you update us as to what is happening regarding this slime.

It would help if you all emailed Judy Spence (QLD Minister of police) and tell her what is going on and direct her to this thread. You will be dealing with her chief of staff but still address it to the minister.
    Go here and bug her, police@ministerial.qld.gov.au
    Remember, The squeaky wheel gets the oil
    If you get no fun from her, Then hit up ACA as they love to report that reports to gov went un actioned.

Ok people here is the lastest update on what I know:
    Just from this forum in the last week I've had 3 contacts of people being ripped off by this guy. Imagine how many have been done by him that don't read this website forum???
    I've contacted trading post about this guy. They did the standard ebay email response "We'll look into it" Nothing was done so I gave them anther chance and called security direct I couldn't get through but left a message. They called me back within 5 minutes (After they reading this thread) They will be following it up seriuosly this week. They told me what they are going to do but I want them to do it before I write it up here so Mr Beattie doesn't get a heads up.

Garry beattie has also reopened a NEW EBAY account this is the user name:
    123hollst
    Be aware.
    I've let ebay know(Alister Macagibbon head of Ebay australia security) and now asked them to do more than just close his accounts down. They need to chase him legally. We'll see if they get off there ar#@e and do something more this time.
    I've emailed a current affiar a few times about this and they have ingored me so if we all email them then they have to listen and catch this guy while he is still operating. Here is the link:
    A current affair:
    http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/feedback/d...spx?formid=228
    Today tonight:
    http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/contactform/30609
    People please click on this link and email that they should look into this story and include a link(http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/new...ote=1&p=860527) to this forum when emailing. I'm going to email everyday now till they take notice the more emails from different people the better. Please take the time to do it, it only takes a few seconds. PEOPLE POWER....
    I'll keep you all updated.

with the last 3 people coming forward, have the bundaberg police shown any interest to take further action...

Careful careful!

Even "tongue in cheek" comments about "retribution" could seriously dampen the enthusiasm for empathy from any officials such as police who might be required to review this forum; or even consider some of it as evidence.....

Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

wilcara everyone will agree with you, but, if the law was here to protect the innocent, the law would have caught up with this guy by now... what do we hear.... they are waiting on more complaints to come forward.

how many do they need. 1 or 2 they would say sort it out yourself, but it must be atleast in the teens by now... MRboats, whats the official number... where is the law that protects innocent buyers and why isn't ebay doing more to put chargest against this guy when they have a list of 20+ user names of this person ripping people off.

maybe someone can hold ebay responsible... it's been done recently.

Mate, I agree with you 110%, you are absolutely right and I understand your frustration and anger.

I am just trying to add, from personal experience, that if the thread is viewed by others "in power" your credibility can be hampered by "threatening behaviours," which is illegal in itself, so to speak.... if you know what I mean.

Better off not in print - sure, expose the b@stard... be careful about shooting yourself in the foot by making written threats, in a public forum... gives him some ammo to "counter claim" anyway.

I think you get my drift?

Good luck in nailing this cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by wilcara View Post
    Mate, I agree with you 110%, you are absolutely right and I understand your frustration and anger.

I am just trying to add, from personal experience, that if the thread is viewed by others "in power" your credibility can be hampered by "threatening behaviours," which is illegal in itself, so to speak.... if you know what I mean.

Better off not in print - sure, expose the b@stard... be careful about shooting yourself in the foot by making written threats, in a public forum... gives him some ammo to "counter claim" anyway.

I think you get my drift?

Good luck in nailing this cretin.
    i can assure you that people in power will not give a rats arse about what is written in a public forum by people hiding behind user names . to sum up the legal system in one word " joke " .

one case of fraud is breaking the law , but yet the bundy coppers want more and more poeple to come forward , why ?

i dont know but i do know that if you are doing road works and will pay the coppers 100 bucks per hour to be there they will jump at it . i have said it before about this lazy good for nothing culture in the police force , they put more effort into getting out of doing work than what it would take to do thier job that they are paid for with our taxes .

and in case im wrong , hi to judy spence

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Snappa View Post
    Maybe mate....but for f$*# sake, how long does it take these law enforcement agencies to look at these things?
    And why is the guilty one always innocent and the poor suckers like you and me the guilty ones!
    I'm happy if the mods want to remove my comments!

Honestly you never want to allow yourself to go the level of scum who are ripoffs.

Hopefully the post shows the utter frustration and dispair that people are driven to by a system that is slow and seemingly inneffectual. How hard is it ebay to ID this person and via solicitor force him to agree never to open another account? Not hard we have had barred people by agreement and court order from premises. Has he actually been hit by letters of demand?

When a copper turns up on someones doorstep ( has this happened?) and the activities continue and no charges are laid something is up.

Between paypal and credit cards it isn't too hard to identify soemone.

Hope some action is taken promptly.

Have emailed aca. Urge others to do so as well.

Link is in mr boats post.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Good luck catching scum like this.
    About 3 years ago, I bought an ipod for $450 from a new member on a computer forum I am a member of. The forum is S.A based, but the new member was from Tassie (we thought). He provided me with a photo of his drivers license, his email address, his mobile number & his bank a/c details. I went into the Nab & put the money in his a/c, rang him on the mobile & he said he'd post it asap. After a few days I got a p.m from another member asking if I'd received the ipod, as he'd bought a laptop for $600 from the same dude.
    2 weeks on, we both had no goods & went to the cops with all the info, the cops took our statements, then told us we'd 'done our dough' as cyber crime almost never ends in prosecution. When we asked why, as they had all the info on him, they said they just can't justify the expense of persuing offenders interstate for cyber fraud.
    Oh, & I went to the Nab to try & get my money back, no luck there, so I saked for his address which of course they wouldn't give, but they did tell me his bank a/c was opened & run from an address in Qld.

Who's Emailed the police Minister yet?
    Or is this all just bullshit?