Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Being Ripped Off

Re: Being Ripped Off

Good luck Gavin I hope you get it OK

Quote Originally Posted by gavin c View Post
    hi,
    i just found this post, too late though, i got a navman 550 off ebay and havent got it yet, from a mr barry geaie, though obviously that name is no longer there, so ebay cant do a thing. i do have some hope though, i guess if some people go their gps, mayb i will. he seems to by them from discount marine world http://www.discountmarineworld.com/
    i emailed them and they said they know him and will look into it.
    so i wait and hope,, and if garry is reading this... please get your act together!!! and while your at it, send me my gps! i saved up for this no i have nothing
    Cant see why he would buy off them as they are not very competitive at all....maybe he doesnt have to pay them..?

I hope They BL**DY pin him down before many more peoples get ripped off.

Hi everyone

This message is aimed for Gavin C.
    You said you contacted "discount marine world" and they said they haven't heard of him. THATS CRAP.... This is where it all started and his original business. This is actually probably the best way to trap Garry Beattie as I'm guessing when he first started he would have used all his correct details.
    I've been contacted by so many people in the last week or so now and {LEASE if anyone one else has been burnt feel free to contact me as well. The best way to get my details is email me through ebay (my user name is mr_boats) and I'll give you my shop number.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give email address in this forum.
    Once you contact me I'll give you a few different options including a contact phone number that he'll answer =) Also what action to take to further dump this guy in the hole.
    Don't think it's a waste of time we'll have a quick chat I'll point you in the right direction and it won't take more than 5 minutes.
    I'm happy to help.

Mr Boats...Gavin said they DO know him...check his post again

Quote Originally Posted by mr_boats View Post
    Hi everyone

This message is aimed for Gavin C.
    You said you contacted "discount marine world" and they said they haven't heard of him. THATS CRAP.... This is where it all started and his original business. This is actually probably the best way to trap Garry Beattie as I'm guessing when he first started he would have used all his correct details.
    I've been contacted by so many people in the last week or so now and {LEASE if anyone one else has been burnt feel free to contact me as well. The best way to get my details is email me through ebay (my user name is mr_boats) and I'll give you my shop number.
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give email address in this forum.
    Once you contact me I'll give you a few different options including a contact phone number that he'll answer =) Also what action to take to further dump this guy in the hole.
    Don't think it's a waste of time we'll have a quick chat I'll point you in the right direction and it won't take more than 5 minutes.
    I'm happy to help.

mr boats ,
    are you saying that discount marine world is actually beatties first bussiness ? or where he purchased from ?

Oops Sorry Mindi I read that thread quickly. Discount marine world does know him because it's him.
    To answer Marco. Yes (Discount marine world) this is him, NOT where he buy's from (I know where he gets his products from) it's the same guy/conartist Garry Beattie. I can prove this by 2 ways. 1st way I'll tell on here which is, I bought a product off him myself when he was trading under the ebay user name wholesale_marine. The enevople he sent had a return sticker on it of discount marine world with that web address. It doesn't makes sense he would advetise on the back of a parcel he sent the place where he buys from. And yes if your reading this Garry Beattie I still have the envelope.
    The 2nd way I can prove it's him I'm keeping to myself for when I have to visit him in court as I'm on the list to charge him with fraud (He used my personal details to open fake accounts) I'll bust that one out at court for a surprise.
    Oh the other way (3rd) you can tell it's him is his famous catch phrase of: WE DON'T SELL CHEAP PRODUCTS. WE SELL QUALITY PRODUCTS, CHEAP Check the website: discountmarineworld.com and qldgps,com (qldgps was one of his most successful ebay names) this phrase matches up also in both sites. He also writes about he has 2 different business locations both locations are the same on each website.
    Remeber people who have been caught.. go give dective wiggans a call at bundy police station.

I've been watching this thread from the get go. Just want to say congrats to those who's on this guys shonky ass. Keep up the good work.

Fight the good fight.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

Gavin,

Sorry to hear about you getting duped but it could have been me.

I received an email reply when I asked a question about a Navman 550 on ebay advertised by bgfishing08( ebay name) but the email was from a Barry Geaie so they are most likely the same person. So add that to your list Mr Boats if you don't already have it.His feedback was OK so I guess I am lucky I decided to post a thread for advice on Ausfish otherwise I could have been another of his victims. Thanks for the advice guys.

After reading this thread it doesn't make me very keen on buying things off ebay cos this mongrel has been getting away with this for far too long and ebay needs to get rid of shonky operators by making sure that they get prosecuted by the police.

Hey Gavin, just looking on The Trading Post on the net and have a guess who is advertising on there, you guessed it your mate from Ebay trading out of Elliot Heads Bundy. Have a look. Cheers Mark.

PS. Have a look at www.chsmith.com.au. if you get your money back.

I'd be talking to this journalist as Ebay has some issues to sort. This guy was $350K. I think we know another?? Made a story on ACA or Today tonight ( see website for copy of show last night) so they might be looking for another story as with ebay trying to introduce new rules a few are out to get them in regards to Paypal. This guy was caught as a full body of evidence was delivered to police so they had no choice but to charge him. Gee this story sounds familiar

http://www.smh.com.au/news/technolog...282906733.html

eBay scam: accused bailed
    • <LI class="save cliparticle" id=1215282906733 style="DISPLAY: none">
    Daniel Emerson
    July 9, 2008 - 3:37PM

An alleged eBay scammer has been granted bail, despite police telling a court he was suspected of stealing $150,000 from 90 other victims.
    Chun Fai Tsang, 26, appeared in Hornsby Local Court today charged with two counts of obtaining a benefit by deception.
    He was arrested for allegedly advertising two laptop computers for sale on eBay but failing to give them to the winning bidders, who transferred $1500 and $1300 into his account.
    Tsang's arrest follows a campaign by 90 of his alleged victims who set up a website and compiled information on him before handing it over to police.
    State Prosecutor Mick Crowther opposed bail, telling the court Tsang was only in Australia on a bridging visa and had no fixed address.
    "There is a real flight risk if he is allowed bail," Mr Crowther told Magistrate Les Brennan.
    "According to the facts he is residing in a motor vehicle and he has no other way of making an income other than further offending." Mr Crowther said.
    Police were planning to charge Tsang with around 90 other offences after talking to the other alleged victims.
    But defence lawyer Bill Dickins said Tsang was only facing two charges today, and would reside with an uncle if bailed.
    "There's a lot of misleading rubbish being put before the court by the prosecution in this matter," Mr Dickens said.
    The magistrate released Tsang on $5000 bail and ordered him to surrender his passport.

I saw that story on TV last night. Exactly the same as what this guy has been doing.
    He is now trading on the trading post under these user names:
    dwm_online (he's last ebay user name)
    lighthouse69 (Very old ebay user name)
    gjbeattie (His own name DUMB)
    aj-2291 (not to sure about this one but I'll keep an eye on it)

I've notified Trading post so we'll see if they ignore it like ebay or are serious about stopping scammers. I'll keep you posted on what trading post does.

Oh by the way I've been contacted by 3 people just this week who have been scammed by him.

Sorry to hear of these rip-off stories. Touchwood, Ive not been seriously scammed on Ebay yet ! I did loose about $6 on a kids toy but . . .

I bought a Gps/Sounder combo via Ebay from an aussie seller. When it arrived it was the wrong model, a sounder only. When I contacted the seller, he was very helpfull. I added a VHF radio to my order over the phone while we were sorting out the return etc. He gave me an awesome discount for the troubles caused without me even asking for it. Ive since bought a few other things from them.
    So there are good dealers out there.

Andrew

Well Garry Beattie (or Barry Geaie) strikes again!

I purchased and paid for a NAVMAN 550 GPS Chartplotter on the 2nd of June. I'm a longtime Ebay user and never had any problems in the past and now I've encounted this scum. The NAVMAN hasn't arrived and Barry Geaie responded to one email and blamed Australia Post, now he has been removed from Ebay and never answers the mobile number supplied by Ebay.

After doing some of my own detective work to get in contact with this guy I've come across this thread. And now I feel like a real idiot.

The ebay username he sold through this time is 'BGFishing08' and it has his name as Barry Geaie of Port Elliot SA. As it turns out he is Garry Beattie of Elliot heads, Bundaberg, QLld.

If anyone has a contact number or address for this guy could they forward onto me please, I'd like to pay him a visit.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to get in contact is via my ebay username Patch181

Quote Originally Posted by Patch181 View Post
    Well Garry Beattie (or Barry Geaie) strikes again!

I purchased and paid for a NAVMAN 550 GPS Chartplotter on the 2nd of June. I'm a longtime Ebay user and never had any problems in the past and now I've encounted this scum. The NAVMAN hasn't arrived and Barry Geaie responded to one email and blamed Australia Post, now he has been removed from Ebay and never answers the mobile number supplied by Ebay.

After doing some of my own detective work to get in contact with this guy I've come across this thread. And now I feel like a real idiot.

The ebay username he sold through this time is 'BGFishing08' and it has his name as Barry Geaie of Port Elliot SA. As it turns out he is Garry Beattie of Elliot heads, Bundaberg, QLld.

If anyone has a contact number or address for this guy could they forward onto me please, I'd like to pay him a visit.

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best way to get in contact is via my ebay username Patch181
    contact mr boats as per the above post , he seems to have the details and get in touch with the bundaberg coppers .

oh and hi garry , im sure your reading this .