Thread: Hi everyone form Maroochydore

Smile Hi everyone form Maroochydore

Just wanted to say hi and Im back onto the boating arena after 6 years. If anyone has any info on and around the Sunshine Coast fishing spots I would greatly apprecite it . I have a 429 Stacer Nomad. Have fished in the Maroochy Rive but am convinced that the fish stock has dropped. Well I have become a memeber today and hope to learn from this web site, happy fishing.

Sunnycoast62........

Re: Hi everyone form Maroochydore

Welcome.
    You are right when you say the fish stocks have dropped. I had a break from fishing and boating in the area for around 8 years and come back on the scene 18 months ago. Catch rates are around 1/2 what they used to be.

I have tried all up and down the Maroochy river with no success, even went yesterday 30th December and did not even get a bite, very disappointing. Do you know of any spots worth trying??

Thanks

Warren

yep the Noosa river

Thanks, any suggestions where in the Noosa River?? Have you got some favourite spots?? All the help in welcome.

Hi ive lived in maroochy for 36 years yes the fishing has slowed up but there are still good fishing spots in the maroochy river I get good whiting 30 to 40 every time trick is the bait live blood worms.but you have to work for it get deep in mud to get results.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycoast62 View Post
    Just wanted to say hi and Im back onto the boating arena after 6 years. If anyone has any info on and around the Sunshine Coast fishing spots I would greatly apprecite it . I have a 429 Stacer Nomad. Have fished in the Maroochy Rive but am convinced that the fish stock has dropped. Well I have become a memeber today and hope to learn from this web site, happy fishing.

Sunnycoast62........

hey SC62, ive got a mate currently at maroochydore and plan on getting up there sometime this year and hopefully get the rods in the car with me
    i do have a magazine that done a small feature on maroochydore with me next time im on ill try and post up any info regarding spots if they mention them (cant remember top of my head) to hopefully help you out

what (besides nothing lol) is usually caught up there mate?