Thread: Saratoga & Melaluka Reels

Saratoga & Melaluka Reels

Hi guys, just wonderng if anyone who has used either a saratgoa or Melaluka spinning reels has anything to say about them - good or bad. Two brands I came across shopping on line and I haven't heard of either before so just curious.

Anyone owned either?

Thanks, Benno

Re: Saratoga & Melaluka Reels

Benno I have bought 6 reels and 4 rods(saratoga) from tacklemania on ebay,inc over head game reel and game rod, all are eccellent for what I payed for them I could buy another 5 set ups before i reached the price of some of the known brand gear, all good as far as I`m concerned

cheers !
    Last edited by REEL ACTION; 20-12-2007 at 12:15 AM.

What about the Dyneema Braid?

The reels are ok, but dont expect the quality to be great. i bought one for my mum, and it seems to work quite well, and it is pretty smooth. i also bought the braid 500m of the 30 pound it is good, but i would rather spend extra 10 - 20 bucks and buy braid that is thinner and stronger. but that is because i want thinner and stronger braid. but if you just want braid, then that one will be sufficient.

i used to buy cheaper lines, hooks and reels and even a rod. they work well but they wont last nowhere near the quality ones.

i hope it helps

stay away from the blue steel dyneema braid mate. i bought some 6lb off ebay discraceful. it was like cotton!

Hi all,

Have purchased a Melaluka in a 4000 size a month or two back. I purchased it as a spare/lender for people who arent all that fussed about needing good gear. I have had a fish a couple of times with it and overall they are ok for the price. The drag on mine is a little lumpy and seems to be sticky when it is called on for serious use.

But overall I would buy another one as a spare.....just hope I never have to fight a good sized trevalley with it

Cheers

Mat

got 3 of them sitting beside me at the moment ( melaluka)

6000 baitrunner
    3000 baitrunner ( missus )
    2000 spin reel

all together think i paid 6o clams for them with postage

never had any drama yet with any of them

my jarvis reel is shot from a train off wello last weekend
    where as the 6000 didnt miss a beat . pity mister snapper run me off

for the price there good

Quote Originally Posted by jayvee View Post
    stay away from the blue steel dyneema braid mate. i bought some 6lb off ebay discraceful. it was like cotton!
    hey guys i'm new to this

i agree with you. that blue steel is crap, i bought the 12lb, for a friend it is like cotton, it is crap it frays, so i'm getting her the melaluka braid, i use it and have had no problems with it, for the price, i think its wonderful, have pulled in decent size fish with it

hello again,all my baitrunners are melaluka, i think they are great, i got 6 of them and rate from 3000 to 8000, few weeks back went to lorne, pulled in a desent banjo with the Melaluka SO4000, no probs, and my small KD3000, baracootas, no probs,, for the price they are fantastic

cheers

My brother purchased a melaluka reel off ebay and it seems to be fine..
    cheers barra