Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Weekend 29-30 March

Re: Rod Building Weekend 28-29 March

I have decided to be a volunteer.

I believe Stuie is going to show us how to apply resin on a completed rod, so with this in mind I have started to build my Hastings. Yep, it will be ready for a coat of resin on the Saturday...

The fore and rear grips have been shaped and the rear grip glued in place today.

Tomorrow the reel seat goes on and Sunday the fore grip glued up.

Did someone mention ' waffle " ? mmmm food, I hope there is some Narni Cake at the RBW ????

Phill

( OH bugga....... I ended up putting the resin on.... got a tad exicted )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 26-03-2008 at 07:48 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Rod Building Weekend 29-30 March

Until further notice, please direct any and all RBW questions to me via pm or email.

Phill

Bad news

It is very doubtfull if I will be able to attend.

It looks like I will be up to my armpits in paint and antifoul as the big boat will be on the slip and we have some major works to undertake and I cannot be sure to be able to get away for the weekend. Hopefully someone can take my place.

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks for the heads up Neil.

So, we have a place open, I will go back and check on the posts here to see if there is someone who has missed out and invite them.

Otherwise, post up your intentions......

Phill

I would put my hand up but i will be too busy with Deckie making sure your all on top of your game...and offering meaningful advice of course
    Tangles KFC

still one place open ?

Phill

pm me.........

Hi Phill,

pm sent.

OK, Steve you're in. pm returned.

On a more important note:-

Roz has been dealing with a family tragedy over the last couple of weeks and therefore has been ' out of the loop '. She will be attending the RBW and she is back ' online '.

Wish you all the best Roz and we're thinking of you at this time.

Phill xx

some pics from this weekend

To judge the success of any event is determined by what an individual takes away from the day. The 2008 RBW is no doubt a success with everyone learning something new, even Stui ??

A big thanks to Greg and Sue for putting up with us ferrets again. Burgers, cake, lollies and refreshments etc where dutiful devoured.

Stui was in fine form as usual. Thanks also to Dave for the VisualWeave gear.

We won’t forget to thank Roz for the organization and enthusiasm shown for the weekend of rodbuilding.

OH, Stui, 15 minutes after you left the Blonde girl you ordered turned up…..

Cheers Phill

A couple of pics below.

Sounds like you lot had a great time, i was going to turn up and socialize but ended up at work?

mike
    Tangles KFC

DOH, I new that blond would screw me by turning up after I left. I always look forward to attending the RBW every year, great bunch of guy’s and one very great girl; make that 2 “Sue”. I must thank Greg and Sue for letting me stay over the night, I very much appreciated it. Its great to see the few guy’s that have attended every RBW since its inception, the improvement in their quality is outstanding. The new guys also showed talent, I was quite surprised. I get a real buzz from the RBW, being surrounded by rod building enthusiasts is pure heaven for me plus helping other rod builders excel in the craft can only yield positive results for all of us. I hope we have another gathering like the one we just had a bit later in the year. Again many thanks to Greg and Sue for putting up with me over the weekend and my very sick sense of humour which may I add Greg constantly encouraged and promoted.

Stu

Hi All,

I can't thank you enough for your support.

Being with friends at times like this, makes these situations more bearable, so thanks everyone for all the hugs and kind words.

I would also like to echo Phill & Stu's words, and thank Sue and Greg for all they have done, to make these RBWs the success they are.

It's the work that Greg and Sue do ....just for us.

Anyway, I had the best time & each year I think it can't get any better, but it does. I did mention to Sue that there are now certain people that won't give up their spots at these weekends for anybody. We might have to issue life memberships.

Again, thankyou all.

love roz xxxxxxxx
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

since its inception the rbw has become a something i cant miss weekend.i have met some great poeple with different ideas all looking for something different in their rods.for me this year has been great, firstly being able to hear everyone for the first time. to understand what stu has being tring to teach me. to see and meet flea,s daughter. gregs home theatre set up is great , the stray cats unreal.roz, mate what can i say "legend". phill, thanks for your all your help, dave from viswrap/visweave thank you for giving up time to share your ideas,myles [bearclaw rods] thanks again, maybe some other rod builders will give their time up i hope, and to those who attended hope to see you again cheers guys ian

First off a big thanks to Greg and Sue for opening up their house for us motley crew of rod builders.For those that don't know Greg and Sue don't even take part in the rod building they basicly provide the venue and also put on a damn fine lunch.Thanks Guys
    Stu....You make things look so bloody easy.It is great to see someone with your talents willing to give up your time and help us novices out.
    Dave...Those programmes will make wraps and weaves a little easier
    Roz...What a champion.Not only for organising the weekend but for doing the hard yards on my wrap all from memory.Dead set amazing.
    Great to catch up with the regulars and to meet a few newbies.
    Looking foward to the next one.

Cheers Dazza