Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rod Building Weekend 29-30 March

Re: Rod Building Weekend 28-29 March

hi roz if theres any places left id love to fill one,
    thanks ben

Roz

Can I make a suggestion that for the up coming rod building weekend we buy a pot of two part epoxy glue rather than some bringing along only small volumes of 5 minute epoxy. This would make gluing up butts and tips more efficient and cost effective for all those wishing to glue up. Some of the better brands are epiglue and technieglue.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Roz

Can I make a suggestion that for the up coming rod building weekend we buy a pot of two part epoxy glue rather than some bringing along only small volumes of 5 minute epoxy. This would make gluing up butts and tips more efficient and cost effective for all those wishing to glue up. Some of the better brands are epiglue and technieglue.

Stu
    Good idea Stu.

I use that FGI brand epoxy resin, it's used at a 2:1 ratio, and it works out infinitely cheaper than 24 hour araldite. plus it's good quality, also allows time for adjustments.

I agree tubes of the five minute stuff...not good

Where do you get yours? PM if you prefer. Better still, can I give you a call over this w'end.

r.
    Last edited by roz; 28-12-2007 at 07:24 PM.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Give me a ring roz.

Stu

Hey Roz have you got the list of what to bring from last year so people bring everything that maybe needed??

Good idea on the bigpots
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Hey Roz have you got the list of what to bring from last year so people bring everything that maybe needed??

Good idea on the bigpots
    Yes Scotty!!! I will drop everything right away I actually started doing that last night, it will take me a while to get around everyone.

Seriously, I will be doing the same as always, will be sending out PM or posting up on this thread, keep an eye on the opening post of this thread.

Had a chat with Stu over the weekend and glue WILL NOT BE ON THE LIST. I will provide some decent stuff that takes a little longer to go 'off', this will allow time for adjustments.

Onya Scotty
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Where is everyone getting their blanks and other bits? I am looking at getting a Batsons Rainshadow blank from Oz Rod Builders in NQ. I might even get grips, seat and guides there as well as they have a pretty good range of Batsons and ATC stuff. What other options are available

Cheers

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Neil,

I'm not a Brizzy resident, but I do know that campbell's stock a wide range of blanks, they recently stocked Hastings.

I bought a Batsons blank from Stu at a good price, send him a PM just incase he has some more.

cheers
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Where is everyone getting their blanks and other bits? I am looking at getting a Batsons Rainshadow blank from Oz Rod Builders in NQ. I might even get grips, seat and guides there as well as they have a pretty good range of Batsons and ATC stuff. What other options are available

Cheers

Neil
    Neil, if you're going to do an order of the bits and pieces through there, let me know if you want to split postage. I might be interested in getting mine through there as well. My blank at this point is going to be a Samurai S006, probably pick it up through Jones'es down here. But if there's any better deals for a similar type blank (or one with just a little more grunt) going around the traps i'd be interested.

Have already been in touch with Stu and will be getting 2 blanks with all the bits and pieces for the weekend.Now i just have to get the time for a quick run up the Sunny Coast to pick them up.

Cheers Dazza

I have a small supply of P-UR60UL blanks. If anyone is interested in one or two, let me know and I'll bring them along. The price is right

specs on the rods are :-

6' , moderate taper, Ultra light, 2-6kg line class , weight is 1.18oz ( 33.4 gms )

Perfect SP rod.

Brand is " United " Dual-Helix, manufactured by Hastings.USA.

Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-02-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I will come for a visit, just to say hello and make sure Greg is behaving!!!!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    I will come for a visit, just to say hello and make sure Greg is behaving!!!!

Cheers

Paul
    settle down mate..I always behave..it is just these Ausfish blokes that lead me astray..corrupt my innocent mind etc.

Yeah Right
    Last edited by sid_fishes; 18-02-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I,M OUT THERE

I've never hear sooooo much waffle!!!!

Looking forward to catching up with you Paul , and Greg of course .

It's gunna be a great weekend as always
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!