Thread: Mowbray River FNQ Sunday.

Mowbray River FNQ Sunday.

G'day all, Was wondering if there was any Cairns based AusFishers interested in doing a trip to the Mowbray River south of Port Douglas early on Sunday Morning? Pretty keen to try out Keith Graham's tips in the Bransfords book and with the wife and kids away for a few more days, it's a perfect time.

I want to leave at about 5:00am for a by 5:30am launch so it'll be an early rise; cost should be only about $10.00 for a fuel share and don't forget to bring along the regular stuff:
    • Sunscreen
    • Fluids (I personally choose not to drink alchohol when driving the boat, however you are welcome to bring a stubbie or three along for yourself if you wish) for the trip.
    • Hat
    • Sunnies
    • Food
    We should be back to Cairns northern beaches by midday or early afternoon with a bit of luck so plan on a half day trip.

I have a crab pot, 10ft bait net and esky; so asides from that listed above all you really need to do is bring along your rod(s), crab pot (happy to share what we get out of mine if you don't have one) if you like crabs and yourself.

I've got a heap of frozen prawns that I got last weekend from the Barron River in case there's no bait around, so you don't even need bait - how good is that??!!

I've never fished the Mowbray before so if you have any experience there, you're especially welcome!

Boat is a 4.2m tinny so there's only one spot up for grabs with "comfortable fishing" in mind; PM me if you're interested.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Re: Mowbray River FNQ Sunday.

Hey synful, good to see you getting out there, and at them.
    Wish I could come but I'm still based near sarina.lol...
    Best of luck
    Ta